5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Great Rift Valley
- Great Zimbabwe
- a What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- b Where did the Shona people settle?
- c A West African Empire that conquered Mali and controlled trade from the 1400s to 1591.
- d a West African empire that flourished after Ghana fell and grew rich from trade.
- e Where did the first humans appear in Africa?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A language brought to Aksum by its early Arab inhabitants
- When was Great Zimbabwe abandoned?
- The second great ruler of Songhai, he took over after Sunni Ali's son was run out of office.
- Who taught Ezana?
- Ghana's rulers converted to _________.
5 True/False Questions
Bantu-speaking peoples → Cultural groups in which authority is shared by lineages of equal power instead of being exercised by a central government.
Yoruba → A West African people who formed several kingdoms in what is now Benin and Southern Nigeria.
Savanna → A flat, grassy plain
The Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo → Where do the Efe live?
Terraces → Thought to be the first king of Aksum