5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- a Which empire participated significantly in the slave trade?
- b A language brought to Aksum by its early Arab inhabitants
- c A West African Empire that conquered Mali and controlled trade from the 1400s to 1591.
- d A flat, grassy plain
- e Where do the Efe live?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- A man who left Great Zimbabwe looking for salt.
- The Nok were the first known African people to ___________.
- A deadly insect that keeps people from settling near the rainforest
- A permanent move from one country or region to another.
5 True/False questions
Griot → A man who left Great Zimbabwe looking for salt.
Islam → Ghana's rulers converted to _________.
Benin → a West African empire that flourished after Ghana fell and grew rich from trade.
Animism → Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
Sahel → A mix of the original Bantu language and Arabic.