5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tsetse fly
- Sahara and Kalahari
- a A deadly insect that keeps people from settling near the rainforest
- b When was Great Zimbabwe abandoned?
- c a new form of agriculture in Aksum, in which stepped ridges constructed on mountain slopes help retain water and reduce erosion.
- d What are the two largest deserts in Africa?
- e Means "War Chief"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A desert roughly the size of the United States
- Why did Aksum fall?
- Which empire participated significantly in the slave trade?
- A West African Empire that conquered Mali and controlled trade from the 1400s to 1591.
- Which empire governed in independent city states?
5 True/False Questions
Zoskales → The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.
Bantu-speaking peoples → The speakers of a related group of languages, who, beginning about 2000 years ago, migrated from West Africa into most of the Southern half of Africa.
632-750 → When was Great Zimbabwe abandoned?
Benin → A kingdom that arose near the Niger river delta in the 1300s and became a major West African state in the 1400s.
The Great Rift Valley → Where did the first humans appear in Africa?