5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon
- Islamic invaders took the city of Adulis.
- A Christian prisoner of war
- a a West African empire that flourished after Ghana fell and grew rich from trade.
- b Why did Aksum fall?
- c Who taught Ezana?
- d Who was the original founder of Aksum?
- e What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Why did the Bantu people migrate?
- When was Great Zimbabwe abandoned?
- Where did the Shona people settle?
- What did the Songhai empire lack?
- A language brought to Aksum by its early Arab inhabitants
5 True/False questions
Ife and Oyo → The two most important trade items in Ghana.
Askia Muhammad → The second great ruler of Songhai, he took over after Sunni Ali's son was run out of office.
Benin → Africa's first known culture, the ________ people lived in what is now Nigeria between 500 B.C. and 200 A.D.
Terraces → a new form of agriculture in Aksum, in which stepped ridges constructed on mountain slopes help retain water and reduce erosion.
Mutapa → Relating to a southern African empire established by Mutota in the 15th century A.D.