5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Askia Muhammad
- a The second great ruler of Songhai, he took over after Sunni Ali's son was run out of office.
- b An African Kingdom, in what is now Ethiopia and Eritrea, that reached the height of its power in the fourth century A.D.
- c Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
- d Mali's first great ruler, who took over Ghana and established the new capital Niani.
- e A West African people that lived in several city-states in what is now Northern Nigeria.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The belief that spirits are present in animals, plants, and other natural objects.
- A historian and traveler, this devoted Muslim traveled to Mali and praised its justice system.
- A West African Empire that conquered Mali and controlled trade from the 1400s to 1591.
- When did agricultural life begin in Africa?
- A deadly insect that keeps people from settling near the rainforest
5 True/False questions
Griot → A West African storyteller.
Sahel → A desert roughly the size of the United States
Gold and Salt → The two largest Yoruba kingdoms.
Mansa Musa → Which empire governed in independent city states?
San and BaMbuti → Which two tribes are still hunters and gatherers?