5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sahara and Kalahari
- 1400 A.D.
- a What type of lifestyle do the Efe live?
- b A major trading civilization that traded with India.
- c Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
- d What are the two largest deserts in Africa?
- e When was Djenne Djeno abandoned?
5 Multiple choice questions
- When was Great Zimbabwe abandoned?
- Where do the Efe live?
- Possibly Sundiata's grandnephew, he ruled from 1312 to 1332.
- An African Kingdom, in what is now Ethiopia and Eritrea, that reached the height of its power in the fourth century A.D.
- The Nok were the first known African people to ___________.
5 True/False questions
Benin → A kingdom that arose near the Niger river delta in the 1300s and became a major West African state in the 1400s.
Great Zimbabwe → The Nok were the first known African people to ___________.
Animism → The belief that spirits are present in animals, plants, and other natural objects.
Yoruba → A West African people who formed several kingdoms in what is now Benin and Southern Nigeria.
Terraces → a new form of agriculture in Aksum, in which stepped ridges constructed on mountain slopes help retain water and reduce erosion.