5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Almohads united the Maghrib under one rule for the first time.
- Sunni Ali
- San and BaMbuti
- a A West African people that lived in several city-states in what is now Northern Nigeria.
- b Which two tribes are still hunters and gatherers?
- c First great ruler of Songhai
- d What is the difference between the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- e What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
5 Multiple choice questions
- When did agricultural life begin in Africa?
- Where do the Efe live?
- Why did Aksum fall?
- Why did the Bantu people migrate?
- A kingdom that arose near the Niger river delta in the 1300s and became a major West African state in the 1400s.
5 True/False questions
Migration → A permanent move from one country or region to another.
Songhai → A West African people who formed several kingdoms in what is now Benin and Southern Nigeria.
The son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon → The speakers of a related group of languages, who, beginning about 2000 years ago, migrated from West Africa into most of the Southern half of Africa.
Bantu-speaking peoples → The speakers of a related group of languages, who, beginning about 2000 years ago, migrated from West Africa into most of the Southern half of Africa.
Sahel → The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.