5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 1400 A.D.
- The son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon
- Sahara and Kalahari
- a A desert roughly the size of the United States
- b When was Djenne Djeno abandoned?
- c What are the two largest deserts in Africa?
- d Who was the original founder of Aksum?
- e a West African empire that flourished after Ghana fell and grew rich from trade.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- When was Great Zimbabwe abandoned?
- Why did Aksum fall?
- A West African people who formed several kingdoms in what is now Benin and Southern Nigeria.
- Which empire governed in independent city states?
- The people who are descended from a common ancestor
5 True/False Questions
Ibn Battuta → Mali's first great ruler, who took over Ghana and established the new capital Niani.
second → Africa is the __________ largest continent in the world.
Animism → Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
Ge'ez → A language brought to Aksum by its early Arab inhabitants
Tsetse fly → A deadly insect that keeps people from settling near the rainforest