5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tsetse fly
- The Great Rift Valley
- Djenne Djeno
- Sunni Ali
- a Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
- b First great ruler of Songhai
- c The oldest known city in Africa South of the Sahara, it was discovered in 1977, with artifacts dating back from 250 B.C.
- d Where did the first humans appear in Africa?
- e A deadly insect that keeps people from settling near the rainforest
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.
- A West African people that lived in several city-states in what is now Northern Nigeria.
- A language brought to Aksum by its early Arab inhabitants
- The two largest Yoruba kingdoms.
- Where did the Shona people settle?
5 True/False Questions
Sahara → A desert roughly the size of the United States
Swahili → A mix of the original Bantu language and Arabic.
Modern Weapons → The Nok were the first known African people to ___________.
1400 A.D. → When did agricultural life begin in Africa?
Mutapa → A man who left Great Zimbabwe looking for salt.