Hansson Africa Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tsetse fly
- Ibn Battuta
- a A historian and traveler, this devoted Muslim traveled to Mali and praised its justice system.
- b A permanent move from one country or region to another.
- c A deadly insect that keeps people from settling near the rainforest
- d A major trading civilization that traded with India.
- e Means "War Chief"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Africa is the __________ largest continent in the world.
- What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- A mix of the original Bantu language and Arabic.
- When did the Aksum Empire reach its height?
- When did Aksum fall?
5 True/False Questions
Islam → An African Kingdom, in what is now Ethiopia and Eritrea, that reached the height of its power in the fourth century A.D.
6000 B.C. → What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
Mutota → A West African storyteller.
Hausa → Means "War Chief"
The Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo → Who taught Ezana?