5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- medical necessity
- accounting cycle
- a the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
- b health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
- c series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
- d .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- e treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
- .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
5 True/False Questions
consumer-driven health plan (CDPH) → a type of managed care in which a high-deductible/low-premium insurance plan is combined with a pretax saving account to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses, up to the deductible limit
practice management program (PMP) → .a software program that automates many of the administrative and financial tasks required to run a madical practice
encounter form → a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
billing cycle → regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
managed care → a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care