5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- preferred provider organization (PPO)
- procedure code
- encounter form
- a private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- b process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
- c a code that identifies a medical service.
- d a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
- e .managed care network of health care providers who agree to perform services for plan members at discounted fees
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- physician's opinion of the nature of the patient's illness or injury
- a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
5 True/False Questions
remittance advice (RA) → health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
procedure → a code that identifies a medical service.
free-for-service → health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
medical necessity → treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
accounts receivable(AR) → the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness