5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- medical coder
- medical necessity
- health maintenance organization (HMO)
- a a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
- b .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- c adavance payments to a provider that covers each plan member's health care services for a certain period of time
- d treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
- e the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a type of managed care in which a high-deductible/low-premium insurance plan is combined with a pretax saving account to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses, up to the deductible limit
- regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
- .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
- .managed care network of health care providers who agree to perform services for plan members at discounted fees
5 True/False Questions
explanation of benefits (EOB) → paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
payer → private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
accounting cycle → the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
diagnosis → physician's opinion of the nature of the patient's illness or injury
procedure → a code that identifies a medical service.