5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- medical coder
- remittance advice (RA)
- accounting cycle
- medical necessity
- a adavance payments to a provider that covers each plan member's health care services for a certain period of time
- b the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
- c a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- d .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- e treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
- process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
5 True/False Questions
encounter form → a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
procedure code → medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
explanation of benefits (EOB) → paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
copayment → a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
coinsurance → medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.