5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- medical necessity
- patient information form
- health maintenance organization (HMO)
- a physician's opinion of the nature of the patient's illness or injury
- b a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
- c form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
- d private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- e treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
- regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
- process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
5 True/False questions
procedure code → a code that identifies a medical service.
policyholder → .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
health plan → a list of all services performed for a patient, along with the charges for each service.
procedure → medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
practice management program (PMP) → a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.