5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- diagnosis code
- practice management program (PMP)
- patient information form
- medical necessity
- a form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
- b .a software program that automates many of the administrative and financial tasks required to run a madical practice
- c a standardize value that represents a patien's illness, signs, and syptoms
- d a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
- e treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
- series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
- .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- monies that are flowing into a business
5 True/False questions
coding → private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
billing cycle → regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
preferred provider organization (PPO) → .managed care network of health care providers who agree to perform services for plan members at discounted fees
remittance advice (RA) → a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
capitation → series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad