5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- encounter form
- medical coder
- managed care
- a a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- b a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
- c series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
- d the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
- e .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
5 Multiple choice questions
- a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
- private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
- part of changes that of changes that an insured person must pay for health care services after payment of the deductible amount
5 True/False questions
billing cycle → the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
diagnosis → a standardize value that represents a patien's illness, signs, and syptoms
explanation of benefits (EOB) → form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
procedure code → a code that identifies a medical service.
diagnosis code → physician's opinion of the nature of the patient's illness or injury