5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- explanation of benefits (EOB)
- billing cycle
- remittance advice (RA)
- a private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- b paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
- c a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- d a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
- e regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a type of managed care in which a high-deductible/low-premium insurance plan is combined with a pretax saving account to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses, up to the deductible limit
- .a software program that automates many of the administrative and financial tasks required to run a madical practice
- process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
- .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
5 True/False Questions
procedure code → medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
health plan → a list of all services performed for a patient, along with the charges for each service.
procedure → a code that identifies a medical service.
diagnosis → a standardize value that represents a patien's illness, signs, and syptoms
health maintenance organization (HMO) → .managed care network of health care providers who agree to perform services for plan members at discounted fees