5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- preferred provider organization (PPO)
- a physician's opinion of the nature of the patient's illness or injury
- b part of changes that of changes that an insured person must pay for health care services after payment of the deductible amount
- c .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- d .managed care network of health care providers who agree to perform services for plan members at discounted fees
- e the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
- a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
- series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
5 True/False questions
medical coder → .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
statement → a list of all services performed for a patient, along with the charges for each service.
remittance advice (RA) → health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
free-for-service → health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
practice management program (PMP) → .a software program that automates many of the administrative and financial tasks required to run a madical practice