5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- health plan
- accounting cycle
- practice management program (PMP)
- preferred provider organization (PPO)
- medical coder
- a .managed care network of health care providers who agree to perform services for plan members at discounted fees
- b a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- c .a software program that automates many of the administrative and financial tasks required to run a madical practice
- d .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- e the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
- paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
- the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
5 True/False Questions
encounter form → a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
billing cycle → the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
health maintenance organization (HMO) → a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
medical necessity → treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
adjudication → series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad