5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- preferred provider organization (PPO)
- diagnosis code
- a .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- b a list of all services performed for a patient, along with the charges for each service.
- c part of changes that of changes that an insured person must pay for health care services after payment of the deductible amount
- d .managed care network of health care providers who agree to perform services for plan members at discounted fees
- e a standardize value that represents a patien's illness, signs, and syptoms
5 Multiple choice questions
- a code that identifies a medical service.
- the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
- paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
- a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
5 True/False questions
capitation → series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
medical coder → .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
adjudication → series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
billing cycle → regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
coding → the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.