5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- explanation of benefits (EOB)
- health maintenance organization (HMO)
- a physician's opinion of the nature of the patient's illness or injury
- b .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
- c part of changes that of changes that an insured person must pay for health care services after payment of the deductible amount
- d paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
- e a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
5 Multiple choice questions
- a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- a code that identifies a medical service.
- medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
- a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
5 True/False questions
statement → a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
adjudication → series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
medical coder → treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
health plan → a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
billing cycle → the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness