5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- subjective truth
- formal essay
- a The author incorporates personal experiences into his writing or projects into the narrative his personal disposition, judgments, values, and feelings.
- b a relatively impersonal essay in which the author writes as an authority and expounds on the subject in an orderly way
- c an authoritative and artistic (usually film) presentation which depicts the facts about an event or social, historical or cultural phenomenon
- d the feeling conveyed by the author's attitude toward his subject and by the particular way in which he writes about it
- e a general principle or conclusion which is drawn from an examination of details
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a term used in a discussion of style to identify the person or personality speaking in a literary work
- Bias occurs when an author prejudices the audience in favor of one side of an issue by not covering the topic fairly. Bias should be avoided in nonfiction writing
- records and presents topics of current interest to the public through news media; journalists present facts and describe situations without attempting to interpret them.
- Taken from a private diary or journal, it is the day-to-day record of events in a person's life, written for personal use and pleasure. It tells of the people and events that the author has known or witnessed.
- an account of a person's life written by someone else
5 True/False Questions
point of view → an article in a newspaper or magazine that gives the editor's or author's point of view.
diary → Bias occurs when an author prejudices the audience in favor of one side of an issue by not covering the topic fairly. Bias should be avoided in nonfiction writing
personal essay → the author assumes a tone of intimacy with his audience, tends to deal with everyday things rather than with public affairs or specialized topics, and writes in a relaxed, self-revelatory, and often whimsical fashion
history → a personal, daily account of an individual's experiences and feelings
editorial → a personal, daily account of an individual's experiences and feelings