← chapter 15 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Red pulp
- a lymphoid tissue at the side of the throat at the back of the tongue ( at the entrance to the oropharynx)
- b Ability to istinguish between different things. Happens prior to birth.
- c Lymphatic organ in the left upper quadrant of the abdomen below the diaphram. Contains white and red pulp.
- d Tissue swelling due to lymphatic obstruction.
- e Reservoir for erythrocytes, platelets, and macrophages the remove old and defective erythrocytes (red blood cell).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cellular-Defensive cells directly attack suspicious cells ( cancer, transplant tissu, cells infected with virus or parasites. Humoral- found in blody fluids and bid to bacteria, toxns, extracellular viruses
- 1. Sexual intercourse 2. sharing needles 3. contaiminate blood products 4. transplacental (from infected mother to fetus)
- Condition in which the spleen removes blood componnts at an excessive reate. stores more red blood cells and reduces them in other places.
- 1. Neck 2. axilla (armpit) 3. groin There functions are to filter impurities from te lymph and alert the immune system to the presence of pathogens.
- lymphoid tissue in the midline at the back of the throat
5 True/False Questions
retrovirus → immune reaction directed against a persons own tissue
pathogen → substance producing a hyypersensitivity (allergic) reaction.
Non- Hodgkins disease → over 30 different diseases. Most common
Asthma → human immunodeficiency virus
thoracis duct → acquired immunodeficiency syndrome