5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Right-Sided Heart Failure (ventricular)
- Cardiogenic Shock
- What laboratory values are abnormal in an MI
- Differential White Blood Cell Count
- a Elevated levels of serum creatine phosphokinase (CPK-MB), and lactic dehydrogenase(LDH), Troponin I and T
- b Distended jugular veins, anorexia, nausea, and abdominal distention, liver enlargement with right upper quadrant pain, ascites, edema in fee, ankles, sacrum; may progress up the legs into thighs, external genitalia, and lower trunk
- c deficient amount of oxygen in the blood
- d Referred to as pump failure, is an acute and serious complication of MI and heart failure. Characterized by low cardiac output and peripheral vascular system collapse. Left ventricular funciton is severely decreased, resulting in an inadequate blood supply to hte vital organs.
- e a test that determines the amount of each of the five types of WBCs; detects infection or inflammation, monitors blood disorders and the effects of chemotherapy, and detects allergic reactions and parasitic infections
5 Multiple choice questions
- Deficiency of the number of circulating platelets or change in the function of platelets alters the process of coagulation. It is an abnormal hematological condition in which the number of platelets is reduced to fewer than 150,000/mm3, the risk for bleeding from mucous membranes and in cutaneous sites and internal organs increases. Count is less than 20,000/mm3 significant risk for serious bleeding increases, less than 5000mm3 CNS system or GI hemorrhage can occur. Prevent from trauma and falling.
- The collection of fluid in the alveoli, particularly dangerous because it impedes gas exchange. Common causes of are increased pulmonary blood pressure or infection of the respiratory system.
- severe reduction in the number of granulocytes; WBC < 200/mm3; potentially fatal condition; caused by medication, chemotherapy, radiation, neoplastic disease, viral and bacterial infections
- 45%: blood is slightly alkaline with a pH of 7.35 to 7.45, sodium chloride concentration of 0.9%
- people w/ aplastic are this, all 3 major blood elements ( red, white, platelets) from the bone marrow are reduced or absent
5 True/False questions
WBC → 5,000 - 10,000, blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi
Eosinophils → 60% to 70% 3000 to 7000; The most abundant type of white blood cell. They are phagocytic and tend to self-destruct as they destroy foreign invaders, limiting their life span to a few days.
What should be checked when assessing a patient with diagnosis of possible aortic aneurysm → blood pressure
cardiac cathertezation → Referred to as pump failure, is an acute and serious complication of MI and heart failure. Characterized by low cardiac output and peripheral vascular system collapse. Left ventricular funciton is severely decreased, resulting in an inadequate blood supply to hte vital organs.
Bleeding time → Laboratory test for diagnosing pernicious anemia. Determines Vitamin B12 absorption by intestine