← Unit 2 Vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- chain migration
- linear growth
- Demographic Transition Model
- a Net migration from urban to rural areas in more developed countries.
- b migration of people to a specific location because relatives or members of the same nationality previously migrated there
- c A sequence of demographic changes in which a country moves from high birth and death rates to low birth and death rates through time.
- d migration from a place (especially migration from your native country in order to settle in another)
- e arithmetic growth; increases at a constant amount per unit time (1, 2, 3, 4, ...)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- pattern of movement that is repeated annually or seasonally
- the people who inhabit a territory or state
- The difference between the level of immigration and the level of emigration.
- a bar graph that shows gender and age distribution of a population
- the number of deaths in the first year of life for every 1,000 live births
5 True/False Questions
mortality → the movement of persons from one country or locality to another
arithmetic density → The total number of people divided by the total land area.
forced migration → migration of people to a specific location because relatives or members of the same nationality previously migrated there
S curve → a growth curve that depicts exponential growth. Population growth without constraint would be graphed in this shape.
critical distance → the distance beyond which cost, effort, and/or means play a determining role in the willingness of the people to travel