5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name one of the two major developments affecting the economic lives of women during the Second Industrial Revolution.
- The participation by socialists in the French cabinet was called ___________.
- In late-19th-century family life, which of the following is NOT true?
- When bicycles were first invented, the ride was so rough that they were called
- Whose steel production eclipsed that of Britain in 1893?
- a Germany
- b opportunism
- c Adultery by both men and women was tolerated.
- d A large expansion in the variety of available jobs
- e boneshakers
5 Multiple choice questions
- whether socialism should be achieved through revolution or through democratic reform.
- the Balkans and the Ottoman Empire.
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is NOT a reason for a slowing economy in Europe in the last quarter of the 19th century? → The inability to import agricultural goods from overseas
In the late 19th century, the middle and lower classes started seeking housing in → the suburbs
During the last two decades of the 19th century, many Jews in Germany began experiencing the effects of: → organized anti-Semitism.
In the 19th century, cholera struck: → was Britain's most influential socialist group.
The petite bourgeoisie was made up of: → wood.