5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The origins of the German Social Democratic Party, or SPD, can be traced to the work of:
- What British engineer discovered the process of manufacturing steel cheaply in big quantities?
- By 1910, which European city had the highest population?
- During the last two decades of the 19th century, many Jews in Germany began experiencing the effects of:
- Around 1850, most European emigrants were from
- a Great Britain, Germany, Scandinavia
- b organized anti-Semitism.
- c Ferdinand Lasalle
- d London
- e Henry Bessemer
5 Multiple choice questions
- Baron Georges Haussmann
- the suburbs
- danger to social stability.
- about 50 million.
5 True/False questions
Middle-class reformers targeted this issue as an impediment to a healthy and politically stable population: → housing conditions.
Starting around midcentury, urban planners devised cities that were dominated by: → commerce, government, and leisure activities.
In the 19th century, cholera struck: → was Britain's most influential socialist group.
The British feminist ___________, along with her daughters, organized the Women's Social and Political Union in 1903. → Emmeline Pankhurst
The Fabian Society: → wood.