5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Between 1846 and 1932, how many citizens did Europe lose to emigration?
- Middle-class reformers targeted this issue as an impediment to a healthy and politically stable population:
- The socialist movement in France was characterized by:
- During the last two decades of the 19th century, many Jews in Germany began experiencing the effects of:
- In 1894, the _________________, was founded to campaign for female suffrage in Germany.
- a a divided effort with two main opposing factions.
- b organized anti-Semitism.
- c housing conditions.
- d about 50 million.
- e Union of German Women's Organizations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Great Britain, Germany, Scandinavia
- the Balkans and the Ottoman Empire.
- Millicent Fawcett
- The inability to import agricultural goods from overseas
- allowed weak unions as his power was diminished.
5 True/False Questions
For middle-class Frenchwomen, romantic marriage was viewed as a → minors
In late-19th-century family life, which of the following is NOT true? → Adultery by both men and women was tolerated.
What labor-related term was coined in the latter half of the 19th century? → Unemployment
What was a contributory factor to the migration of Europeans? → The emancipation of peasants
The name given to the practice by Russian police and right-wing groups of conducting riots against the Jews was: → pogrom.