5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- By what week are all the body system of the fetus present?
- Which hormone in the female negative feedback system stimulates the repair of the uterus after menstruation?
- What are the seminal vesicles, prostate gland and cowper's gland?
- What are the vas deferens?
- What is the endometrium?
- a Tubes that connect the epididymis to the urethra and create a pathway for sperm to travel to the outside of the body
- b First month
- c Estrogen
- d Supply fluid rich in sugar and hormones that allow the sperm to swim; fluid is semen
- e Lining in the uterus which sheds during menstruation - egg not fertilized
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tube that runs the length of the penis; a passageway for both urine and semen
- Development of lining of the uterus
- Bacteria infection - destroys nerve tissue - causes blindness - caused madness (to go crazy) - baby can catch - sores on genitals
- Treatable with antibiotics - new strains are possible and may not show symptoms but also may cause severe pain - baby can catch
- The uterus lining is thickening
5 True/False questions
What is an ejaculation? → Release of semen containing semen
What hormone is released by the corpus luteum immediately after ovulation? → Thickens the uterus in preparation for fertilization
What is the first stage; explain? → Menstruation (day twenty two to twenty eight) - Drop in estrogen and progesterone causes a breakdown of the endometrium and the unfertilized egg + the extra endometrium is released in a flow of blood; FSH increases at the end of the flow
What gland secretes estrogen? → Female - Ovaries and Male - Testes
When does estrogen begin to surge and when does it reach its peak concentration? → Surges at day ten and reaches its peak on day thirteen