5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the first stage; explain?
- In what part of the female reproductive system does fertilization usually take place?
- What happens as estrogen levels increase; why?
- In the female what does FSH stimulate?
- What is the second stage; explain?
- a Ovaries
- b The uterus lining thickens because it provides protection for the baby to survive
- c Ovulation (day fourteen) - High LH (pituitary) causes the egg to be released
- d Production of eggs
- e Follicle stage (day one to thirteen) - High estrogen in the ovary; the endometrium thickens; high FSH (pituitary) causes the egg to mature
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sheds and comes out (menstruation)
- Menstruation (day twenty two to twenty eight) - Drop in estrogen and progesterone causes a breakdown of the endometrium and the unfertilized egg + the extra endometrium is released in a flow of blood; FSH increases at the end of the flow
- Seminal vesicles and the Prostate gland
- Tubes that connect the ovary to the uterus during ovulation; the unfertilized egg drops from the ovary into the oviduct
5 True/False questions
What is the penis? → Site of fetal development; cool and protects and nourishes the baby
What is the purpose of reproduction? → To create offspring to carry out our offspring; carry on through generations
How does the male negative feedback system control the production of sperm? → Estrogen levels rise and levels get high; sends a message back to the pituitary and hypothalamus - which stops producing estrogen and sends a message to the brain telling it to stop and slow down for now
At what time during a woman's menstrual cycle is it easiest to become pregnant? → Day 14
What are the changes that occur monthly in the female reproduction system called? → Ovulation