5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an ejaculation?
- What are the changes that occur monthly in the female reproduction system called?
- What are Placentas; and what do they do?
- What are the vas deferens?
- If the woman does not get pregnant then the corpus luteum breaks down and the level of progesterone starts declining; once progesterone decreases what happens to the lining of the uterus?
- a Internal development in humans; secretes hormones; site of exchange for hormones and wastes through oxygen and the process of diffusion, osmosis or active transport.
- b Tubes that connect the epididymis to the urethra and create a pathway for sperm to travel to the outside of the body
- c Menstrual cycle
- d Sheds and comes out (menstruation)
- e Release of semen containing semen
5 Multiple choice questions
- Coiled tube inside the testes where sperm is stored
- Thickens the uterus in preparation for fertilization
- Follicular stage; when the egg meets the sperm
- Menstruation (day twenty two to twenty eight) - Drop in estrogen and progesterone causes a breakdown of the endometrium and the unfertilized egg + the extra endometrium is released in a flow of blood; FSH increases at the end of the flow
5 True/False questions
What is the vagina? → Entry way for the penis to deposit sperm
Which hormones are involved in feedback in males? → Pituitary and Hypothalamus
What gland secretes FSH? → Male sex gland - produces testosterone in which a large number of sperm are produced
What does the fluid that provides energy for the sperm cells come from? → Seminal vesicles and the Prostate gland
Describe Genital Herpes and its effects? → Caused by a virus - sores on genitals - can become blind or brain damage - baby can catch