5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the fourth stage; explain?
- Which hormone is at the highest level during the first four days of the menstrual cycle?
- What are the seminiferous tubules?
- What is an erection?
- What gland secretes FSH?
- a Pituitary gland
- b FSH because the follicle stage helps mature the egg
- c Menstruation (day twenty two to twenty eight) - Drop in estrogen and progesterone causes a breakdown of the endometrium and the unfertilized egg + the extra endometrium is released in a flow of blood; FSH increases at the end of the flow
- d Tubes inside the testes where the sperm cells are formed
- e Extension of the penis that allows the sperm to reach inside the female
5 Multiple choice questions
- To protect the baby
- Day 14
- Estrogen levels rise and levels get high; sends a message back to the pituitary and hypothalamus - which stops producing estrogen and sends a message to the brain telling it to stop and slow down for now
- Supply fluid rich in sugar and hormones that allow the sperm to swim; fluid is semen
5 True/False questions
In the female reproductive system the menstrual cycle triggered by the release of what? → Fifty
If the egg is not fertilized, a particular hormone falls below a certain level and the signals start menstruation; what hormone? → Sheds and comes out (menstruation)
What is the scrotum? → Tube that runs the length of the penis; a passageway for both urine and semen
What is the uterus? → Site of fetal development; cool and protects and nourishes the baby
What are the testes? → Filled with blood in sinuses to allow for an extension; reproduction function transports sperm into female