5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- During what phase are the chances of an egg being fertilized greatest?
- Which hormone is at the highest level during the first four days of the menstrual cycle?
- Which hormone in the female negative feedback system stimulates the repair of the uterus after menstruation?
- What is the urethra?
- For most females about what age does the menstrual cycle continue to?
- a Tube that runs the length of the penis; a passageway for both urine and semen
- b Fifty
- c Estrogen
- d Ovulation
- e FSH because the follicle stage helps mature the egg
5 Multiple choice questions
- Supply fluid rich in sugar and hormones that allow the sperm to swim; fluid is semen
- Progesterone and Estrogen
- Sperm cells
- Release of semen containing semen
5 True/False questions
What does LH stand for; where is it produced? → Testosterone - produced in the pituitary gland (brain)
What happens to the uterus lining during 1-12 days as estrogen is rising? → Thickens the uterus in preparation for fertilization
How does the male negative feedback system control the production of sperm? → Estrogen levels rise and levels get high; sends a message back to the pituitary and hypothalamus - which stops producing estrogen and sends a message to the brain telling it to stop and slow down for now
What are the two female hormones? → Estrogen and Progesterone
What event breaks the negative feedback cycle in a female? → Pregnancy