5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an ejaculation?
- How does the female negative feedback system control the uterine lining?
- What is the endometrium?
- What is the penis?
- To where does a zygote travel from the oviduct?
- a Lining in the uterus which sheds during menstruation - egg not fertilized
- b Uterus
- c Release of semen containing semen
- d Filled with blood in sinuses to allow for an extension; reproduction function transports sperm into female
- e Estrogen levels rise and levels get high; sends a message back to the pituitary and hypothalamus - which stops producing estrogen and sends a message to the brain telling it to stop and slow down for now
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sperm cells
- Internal development in humans; secretes hormones; site of exchange for hormones and wastes through oxygen and the process of diffusion, osmosis or active transport.
- Corpus Luteum (day fifteen to twenty one) - High LH (pituitary) levels causes the ovary to produce progesterone and high progesterone maintains the endometrium for pregnancy
- Tubes inside the testes where the sperm cells are formed
- Development of egg and ovulation
5 True/False questions
During what phase are the chances of an egg being fertilized greatest? → First month
While progesterone stays the same level what happens to the uterus? → Thickens
In what part of the female reproductive system does fertilization usually take place? → Ovaries
How many stages are there in the menstrual cycle? → Four
What does the fluid that provides energy for the sperm cells come from? → Ovulation