5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a lethargy,sluggishness, dormancy.
- b untalkative, silent.
- c unconcerned, carefree.
- d varied, motley, greatly diversified.
- e to distress, create stress or torment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Talkative, garrulous
- an outcast, a rejected and despised person.
- resentment at being slighted.
- to punish, hold up to public scorn.
- warm interest, passion, enthusiasm, zeal.
5 True/False questions
abysmal → extreme; low, like an abyss.
piquant → resentment at being slighted.
tawdry → cheap, gaudy, showy, tacky.
audacious → daring; bold.
adamant → hard and inflexible, unyielding.