5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a unconcerned, carefree.
- b to dry up, dehydrate.
- c untalkative, silent.
- d cheap, gaudy, showy, tacky.
- e daring; bold.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to punish, hold up to public scorn.
- varied, motley, greatly diversified.
- to distress, create stress or torment.
- resentment at being slighted.
- to hesitate, raise objections.
5 True/False questions
ardor → warm interest, passion, enthusiasm, zeal.
mellifluous → sweetly flowling; usually used to describe use of words (sweetly flowing words, as when the speech is characterized by high volubility.)
piquant → resentment at being slighted.
torpor → lethargy,sluggishness, dormancy.
tenacity → firmness, persistency, adhesiveness, tending to hang on.