5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a extreme; low, like an abyss.
- b an outcast, a rejected and despised person.
- c sweetly flowling; usually used to describe use of words (sweetly flowing words, as when the speech is characterized by high volubility.)
- d hard and inflexible, unyielding.
- e hairy, shaggy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- cheap, gaudy, showy, tacky.
- daring; bold.
- warm interest, passion, enthusiasm, zeal.
- lethargy,sluggishness, dormancy.
- varied, motley, greatly diversified.
5 True/False questions
insouciant → agreeably pungent, stimulating.
pique → resentment at being slighted.
pillory → to punish, hold up to public scorn.
tenacity → firmness, persistency, adhesiveness, tending to hang on.
taciturn → untalkative, silent.