5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Into what 3 categories can egoistic explanations be directed?
- What is implicit prejudice?
- In Koobs hedonic homeostatic dysregulation theory, define Between-system neuroadaptation.
- What is internal motivation to respond without prejudice (IM)?
- Identify IND. Var., INT, Var., and DEP var. involved in motivation to respond w/o prejudice?
- a IND=a context that would evoke bias, learning processes that create standards,Pavlovian,social modeling influences, instrumental, influences cultural influences. INT Var=concern for normative standards (high-low) and Internal standard (biased-nonbiased). DEP Var.= distortion of surveys, public BH,Self-determination goals.
- b Subtle and ambiguous discrimination. Ex: almost all companies promote equal opportunities for employees, but OFTEN times that is not the case.
- c Activation of an opposing circuitry (stress system)
- d Personal standard a person feels they must live up to that influences both their public and private behaviors.
- e 1. Receiving material, Social and Self-rewards. 2. Avoid punishments. 3. Reduce arousal
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Helping at cost to self
- 24 subjects Used 3D puzzles w/7 cube pieces.Measured time played w/puzzle when exp. left room. Time1-Control and Exp. config.same puzzles. Time 2:Exp. group PAID for each configuration completed.control not paid. Time 3: NO group Paid. Result:Experimental (paid)group spent less time config. puzzles..appears their intrinsic motivation was impaired by paying them. Control gourps intrinsic Mot. appears to have increase each time they completed the configurations.
- A fear that a person has that OTHERS will see them as prejudice
- Subject: macaque monkeys. Goal of the study was to find the motivation of and influencing factors in altruistic behavior.Monkey taught pull lever=food. Then place in cell where a different cell had electric floor (Plexiglas between and SOUND PROOFED. After pulling lever that fed full amount of meal other monkey was shocked.Result:10.15 pulled shocking lever less than the other lever.1 pulled NEITHER lever for 5 days.! pulled NEITHER for 12 days.BH shown to be effected by familiarity and previous exposure to shock.NOT factors:age,size,sex dominance
- Process by which drug-taking BH becomes a compulsive BH of seeking and using drugs, taking precedence over other activities. Inability to stop using...often results in relapse.
5 True/False Questions
In "Work Motivation/Goal setting theory what is the fundamental generalization → As goal specificity and difficulty increase , goal related performance increases.
What standards guild the BH of an IM individual? → Personal standard/moral responsibility they feel. It is internalized and personally important nonprejudicial standard.If they fail to live up to it they feel guilty.It is intrinsic.
How does drug abuse develop according to the Opponent Process Theory? → Allostatic load is conseq. of repeated deviations from homeostasis, results in changed set points (dysregulation).Increased intake is to counteract negative symptoms and avoid WD symptoms.Person want sot feel good so attempts regulation because normal functioning has been dyregulated.
In the discussion of Drug Addiction define compulsive drug seeking. → these render the brains rewards system hypersensitive (sensitized) to drug effects and drug associated stimuli (cues). Activated through S-S connections such as context it was used in, place, smell, sounds.)
According to egoism theory, why do individuals help others? → sacrificing reproductive process for the reproductive success of offspring