5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Altruism is defined as?
- According to Cameron how can rewards be administered so that they will not impair intrinsic motivation?
- Latham and Saari
- What standards guild the BH of an IM individual?
- How does drug abuse develop according to Negative reinforcement interpretation?
- a 60 subjects Material: Wood Directed to list uses for wood. Either told "do your best"..."assigned own goal"...or "Had goal assigned to them". Results: Setting a specific goal even if you don't set it yourself, leads to higher performance than "do your best".
- b Taken because of negative reinforcement. The individual wants to escape the WD symptoms. The person wants to avoid the bad feeling that comes from not using.
- c Helping at cost to self
- d Personal standard/moral responsibility they feel. It is internalized and personally important nonprejudicial standard.If they fail to live up to it they feel guilty.It is intrinsic.
- e Reward contingencies enhance perceptions of autonomy and self-determination
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Taken because they are positively reinforcing and feel good.
- these render the brains rewards system hypersensitive (sensitized) to drug effects and drug associated stimuli (cues). Activated through S-S connections such as context it was used in, place, smell, sounds.)
- A "modern" kind of prejudice held by people who do not consider themselves prejudiced and who would find any accusation of being prejudiced aversive, BUT who nevertheless harbor some negative beliefs and hostile feelings toward members of minority groups.
- Personal standard a person feels they must live up to that influences both their public and private behaviors.
- As goal specificity and difficulty increase , goal related performance increases.
5 True/False Questions
In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe "liking". → Brain system is sensitized and DO NO mediate LIKING: the pleasurable or euphoric effects of drugs.
Describe method involved and result sof study by Masserman → 24 subjects Used 3D puzzles w/7 cube pieces.Measured time played w/puzzle when exp. left room. Time1-Control and Exp. config.same puzzles. Time 2:Exp. group PAID for each configuration completed.control not paid. Time 3: NO group Paid. Result:Experimental (paid)group spent less time config. puzzles..appears their intrinsic motivation was impaired by paying them. Control gourps intrinsic Mot. appears to have increase each time they completed the configurations.
In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe the IND var. , the INT. var., and the DEP. var. → these render the brains rewards system hypersensitive (sensitized) to drug effects and drug associated stimuli (cues). Activated through S-S connections such as context it was used in, place, smell, sounds.)
In Koobs hedonic homeostatic dysregulation theory, define reward system. → Activation of circuits involved in positive reinforcement.
In the discussion of Drug Addiction define compulsive drug seeking. → A compulsive BH of seeking and using drugs, taking precedence over all other activities...the inability to stop using.