5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Identify IND. Var., INT, Var., and DEP var. involved in motivation to respond w/o prejudice?
- Latham and Saari
- According to Cameron how can rewards be administered so that they will not impair intrinsic motivation?
- Why do high IM individuals fail to show compensatory BH?
- According to egoism theory, why do individuals help others?
- a because they expect to benefit either directly or indirectly from helping
- b Reward contingencies enhance perceptions of autonomy and self-determination
- c IND=a context that would evoke bias, learning processes that create standards,Pavlovian,social modeling influences, instrumental, influences cultural influences. INT Var=concern for normative standards (high-low) and Internal standard (biased-nonbiased). DEP Var.= distortion of surveys, public BH,Self-determination goals.
- d 60 subjects Material: Wood Directed to list uses for wood. Either told "do your best"..."assigned own goal"...or "Had goal assigned to them". Results: Setting a specific goal even if you don't set it yourself, leads to higher performance than "do your best".
- e They already know they are not prejudice and feel no need to exhibit that internalized value to others.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Brain system is sensitized and DO NO mediate LIKING: the pleasurable or euphoric effects of drugs.
- Part of normal homeostatic limitations of reward, fail to return to a homeostatic state. The systems become dysregulated. Reward functioning decreases but the stress system is still activating.
- IND+drug cues (context). INT-Incentive salience (wanting). DEP=Compoulsive drug seeking and use.
- Situational constraints: anything in the environment that might facilitate or retard behavior. Ability: regarded as fairly stable within each individual. Motivation: the final determinant of behavior.
- Allostatic load is conseq. of repeated deviations from homeostasis, results in changed set points (dysregulation).Increased intake is to counteract negative symptoms and avoid WD symptoms.Person want sot feel good so attempts regulation because normal functioning has been dyregulated.
5 True/False Questions
According to kinship theory why do individuals help others? → sacrificing reproductive process for the reproductive success of offspring
In Work Motivation what are the "can do" "will do", "allowed to do"? → Brain system is sensitized and mediates a subcomponent of reward termed "incentive salience" (WANTING) has been sensitized and has enhanced incentive value.There is an increase in "wnating" not "liking"
What is implicit prejudice? → A "modern" kind of prejudice held by people who do not consider themselves prejudiced and who would find any accusation of being prejudiced aversive, BUT who nevertheless harbor some negative beliefs and hostile feelings toward members of minority groups.
What standards guild the BH of an EM individual? → Feel a social pressure to comply with nonprejudicial social norms.External locus of control.Fail to live up to it they threatened.
In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe neuroadaptations. → Brain system is sensitized and mediates a subcomponent of reward termed "incentive salience" (WANTING) has been sensitized and has enhanced incentive value.There is an increase in "wnating" not "liking"