5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- impingement syndrome
- a This medical specialist treats disorders that involve inflammation of connective tissues, including muscles.
- b The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
- c The related combining form for muscle is:
- d This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.
- e The movement of a limb toward the midline of the body is called:
5 Multiple choice questions
- This condition is an inflammation of the tissues surrounding the elbow.
- The abnormal hardening of muscle tissue is called:
- The extreme slowness in movement is called:
- The study of muscular activity and the resulting movement of body parts is called:
- The act of rotating the arm or the leg so that the palm of the hand or sole of the foot is turned
forward or upward is called:
5 True/False questions
myomalacia → The abnormal softening of muscle tissue is called:
atrophy → The weakness or wearing away of body tissues and structures is called:
contraction → The tightening of a muscle is called:
flexion → Decreasing the angle between two bones by bending a limb at a joint is called:
carpal tunnel syndrome → The symptoms occur when the tendons passing through the carpal tunnel are chronically overused and become inflamed and swollen.