← Ch4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The abnormal softening of muscle tissue is called:
- b The movement of a limb toward the midline of the body is called:
- c The tightening of a muscle is called:
- d Pain in a tendon is called
- e The weakness or wearing away of body tissues and structures is called:
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This condition is an inflammation of the tissues surrounding the elbow.
- The abnormal hardening of muscle tissue is called:
- This medical specialist treats disorders that involve inflammation of connective tissues, including muscles.
- The related combining form for muscle is:
- The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
5 True/False Questions
myositis → Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
flexion → Decreasing the angle between two bones by bending a limb at a joint is called:
extension → Increasing the angle between two bones or straightening out a limb is called:
bradykinesia → This term, also called hyperactivity, is abnormally increased motor function or activity.
impingement syndrome → This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.