5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The study of muscular activity and the resulting movement of body parts is called:
- b Pain in a tendon is called
- c This condition is an inflammation of the tissues surrounding the elbow.
- d The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
- e The movement of a limb toward the midline of the body is called:
5 Multiple choice questions
- This medical specialist treats disorders that involve inflammation of connective tissues, including muscles.
- The abnormal hardening of muscle tissue is called:
- Decreasing the angle between two bones by bending a limb at a joint is called:
- Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
- Increasing the angle between two bones or straightening out a limb is called:
5 True/False questions
supination → The act of rotating the arm or the leg so that the palm of the hand or sole of the foot is turned
forward or upward is called:
carpal tunnel syndrome → The symptoms occur when the tendons passing through the carpal tunnel are chronically overused and become inflamed and swollen.
my/o → Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
pronation → The act of rotating the arm or the leg so that the palm of the hand or sole of the foot is turned
downward or backward is called:
impingement syndrome → This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.