← Ch4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The related combining form for muscle is:
- b The tightening of a muscle is called:
- c The weakness or wearing away of body tissues and structures is called:
- d This medical specialist treats disorders that involve inflammation of connective tissues, including muscles.
- e Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This condition is an inflammation of the tissues surrounding the elbow.
- This term, also called hyperactivity, is abnormally increased motor function or activity.
- Increasing the angle between two bones or straightening out a limb is called:
- The study of muscular activity and the resulting movement of body parts is called:
- The abnormal softening of muscle tissue is called:
5 True/False Questions
adduction → The movement of a limb toward the midline of the body is called:
myosclerosis → Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
impingement syndrome → This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.
rotation → The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
carpal tunnel syndrome → This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.