← ww2 ids Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- United States admiral of the Pacific fleet during World War II who used aircraft carriers to destroy the Japanese navy
- United States baseball player noted as a hitter
- "go to hell"battle of the bulge to germans
- Japanese admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941
- Allie leader who fought for control of the Solomon islands in the South Pacific
- Known as "Old Blood and Guts," George S. Patton, Jr. was one of the most colorful generals of World War II. During World War II he served in North Africa and Sicily before becoming the commander of the Third Army.
6 True/False Questions
el alamein → allied victory. turning point that raised confidence in allied troops
battle of midway → U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. It marked a turning point in World War II.
bataan death march → Japanese forced about 60,000 of americans and philippines to march 100 miles with little food and water, most died or were killed on the way
bernard montgomery → German field marshal noted for brilliant generalship in North Africa during World War II
radar → a system that uses reflected radio waves to detect objects and measure their distance and speed
joseph goebbels & fritz hippler → famous propaganda filmmaker team