5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What does a neutral density filter do?
- Most lenses are sharpest closed down to how many stops from the widest?
- How can you change the brightness of the background when using flash?
- What are quad- and hex- tone printing?
- Tungsten light is approximately what color temperature?
- a 1 or 2, depending on the lens, could be 2 to 3.
- b 3200 Kelvin
- c Absorbs equal quantities of all wavelengths of light. It allows you to use wider apertures or slower shutter speeds without changing color balance.
- d Change the shutter speed. The longer the shutter speed, the lighter the background will be. The faster the shutter speed, the darker the background will be because less existing light is captured.
- e Inkjet black & white printing where color cartridges are replaced with shades of gray, resulting in smooth tones and slight color cast
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
- 8 stops
- Variations command
- The distance between the lens rear nodal point and the focal plane when the lens is focused at infinity.
- Similar to a normal lens at about 30 degrees
5 True/False Questions
Cyan is composed of equal parts of what two colors? → Blue & Green
True or false - a tonal correction can be accomplished by using a hue/saturation adjustment layer → False.
Why is depth of field greater on a short lens versus a long lens? → Relative aperture. The opening on a long lens must be larger than a corresponding opening on a short lens to produce the same f-stops.
How much resolution do you need for: Internet? Newspaper? Photographic print? Glossy magazine? → Change the shutter speed. The longer the shutter speed, the lighter the background will be. The faster the shutter speed, the darker the background will be because less existing light is captured.
What kind of light will be produced when using a large white umbrella close to a subject? → It should match the focal length. Too wide and it's inefficient; too narrow and it will vignette; most likely the vignette would occur with wide angle of 28mm and below.