5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bit depth refers to what?
- An SLR camera uses what to allow you to see exactly what you'll photograph?
- When buying a lens hood, you should get it in what size relative to the lens?
- An 8x10 at 240 ppi will have a resolution of what?
- A tall vertical line on the right hand edge of a histogram indicates what?
- a A mirror and pentaprism
- b The amount of information contained in each pixel
- c Blown highlights
- d 1920 pixels by 2400 pixels (4.6 million pixels)
- e It should match the focal length. Too wide and it's inefficient; too narrow and it will vignette; most likely the vignette would occur with wide angle of 28mm and below.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
- Selectively increasing print exposure, which will make select parts of the image darker
- Internet = 72 ppi; Photographic print = 240-300 ppi; Gloss magazine = 400 ppi
5 True/False questions
What does side lighting emphasize on a subject or surface? → emphasizes textures
True or false - a tonal correction can be accomplished by using a hue/saturation adjustment layer → False.
What is the inverse square law? → Whenever you have two of something (i.e Body parts) put them on slightly different levels
What is focal length, technically? → The size of the opening in the lens which controls the amount of light reaching the sensor.
What is the color temperature of direct sunlight? → Direct sun at 5400 to 6,500 Kelvin