5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who does Creon honor after the battle?
- Who was Antigone planning to marry?
- By what method is Antigone sentenced to death?
- What is the orchestra?
- What is a skene?
- a circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
- b Haemon
- c wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
- d Getting trapped in a cave
- e Eteocles
5 Multiple choice questions
- where the audience sat
- Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
5 True/False questions
When was Sophocles born → 406 BC
When did Sophocles die? → 406 BC
What was the Proscenium? → level area in front of the skene on
which most of the plays action took place
What were the six parts of a Greek Tragedy? → Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
What were limitations of greek theater? → no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.