5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the Proscenium?
- When was Sophocles born
- What is Thespis know for?
- Who does Creon honor after the battle?
- By what method is Antigone sentenced to death?
- a Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- b Getting trapped in a cave
- c level area in front of the skene on
which most of the plays action took place
- d Eteocles
- e 496 BC
5 Multiple choice questions
- chorus marching in from the left or right
- 406 BC
- circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
- Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
5 True/False questions
What is sophocles know for? → Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
What is a theatron? → wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
Who was Antigone planning to marry? → Polyneices
How does Antigone end up dying? → Polyneices
What were limitations of greek theater? → sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events