5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who were the two main characters in Antigone?
- When did Sophocles die?
- What is Aeschylus known for?
- Who does Antigone attempt to bury?
- How does Antigone end up dying?
- a Polyneices
- b 406 BC
- c Creon and Antigone
- d HIs bald head, adding a second actor, and creation of trilogies in which each episode related to the same theme.
- e She hangs herself
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
- Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
- no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.
- circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
5 True/False questions
By what method is Antigone sentenced to death? → Polyneices
What is a theatron? → where the audience sat
Who warns creon that the gods side with Antigone? → Creon and Antigone
what is the parados? → where the audience sat
What was the Proscenium? → level area in front of the skene on
which most of the plays action took place