5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who was Antigone planning to marry?
- What was the Thymele?
- What is a skene?
- What is Aeschylus known for?
- What were the six parts of a Greek Tragedy?
- a HIs bald head, adding a second actor, and creation of trilogies in which each episode related to the same theme.
- b Haemon
- c Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
- d wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
- e altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
- level area in front of the skene on
which most of the plays action took place
- She hangs herself
- where the audience sat
- Creon and Antigone
5 True/False Questions
What is Thespis know for? → Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
What were the functions of the chorus? → sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events
Who was the Greek god of theater? → Dionysus
what is the parados? → chorus marching in from the left or right
Who warns creon that the gods side with Antigone? → Creon and Antigone