5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Aeschylus known for?
- Who was Antigone planning to marry?
- What is Euripedes known for?
- Who were the two main characters in Antigone?
- What were the functions of the chorus?
- a Haemon
- b sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events
- c Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
- d Creon and Antigone
- e HIs bald head, adding a second actor, and creation of trilogies in which each episode related to the same theme.
5 Multiple choice questions
- wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
- where the audience sat
- altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
- Getting trapped in a cave
5 True/False questions
What is the orchestra? → chorus marching in from the left or right
How does Antigone end up dying? → She hangs herself
Who warns creon that the gods side with Antigone? → teiresias
what is the parados? → chorus marching in from the left or right
What is Thespis know for? → Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks