5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the functions of the chorus?
- What were the six parts of a Greek Tragedy?
- What is Euripedes known for?
- Who was Antigone planning to marry?
- what is the parados?
- a chorus marching in from the left or right
- b Haemon
- c sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events
- d Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
- e Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 406 BC
- 496 BC
- circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
- where the audience sat
5 True/False questions
Who warns creon that the gods side with Antigone? → teiresias
By what method is Antigone sentenced to death? → Getting trapped in a cave
How does Antigone end up dying? → She hangs herself
Who were the two main characters in Antigone? → Creon and Antigone
Who was the Greek god of theater? → Dionysus