5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who were the two main characters in Antigone?
- When was Sophocles born
- What were the functions of the chorus?
- Who does Antigone attempt to bury?
- Who did Sophocles beat in a dramatic competition?
- a Aeschylus
- b 496 BC
- c Creon and Antigone
- d sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events
- e Polyneices
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- She hangs herself
- circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
- Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
5 True/False Questions
What is a theatron? → where the audience sat
When did Sophocles die? → 406 BC
By what method is Antigone sentenced to death? → Polyneices
What is sophocles know for? → Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
What was the Proscenium? → altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop