5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who does Creon honor after the battle?
- When did Sophocles die?
- what is the parados?
- Who was Antigone planning to marry?
- When was Sophocles born
- a Haemon
- b 406 BC
- c Eteocles
- d chorus marching in from the left or right
- e 496 BC
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- She hangs herself
- Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
- Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
- Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
5 True/False Questions
What is a theatron? → wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
What was the Proscenium? → altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
Who does Antigone attempt to bury? → Polyneices
What were limitations of greek theater? → no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.
What is a skene? → wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits