5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the orchestra?
- Who were the two main characters in Antigone?
- What is sophocles know for?
- What is a skene?
- What is Aeschylus known for?
- a Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
- b wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
- c HIs bald head, adding a second actor, and creation of trilogies in which each episode related to the same theme.
- d Creon and Antigone
- e circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- level area in front of the skene on
which most of the plays action took place
- 496 BC
5 True/False Questions
What were limitations of greek theater? → no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.
By what method is Antigone sentenced to death? → Getting trapped in a cave
Who was Antigone planning to marry? → Haemon
Who does Creon honor after the battle? → Polyneices
Who does Antigone attempt to bury? → Polyneices