5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plants first line of defense
- Angiosperm male/female gametophyte
- Alternation of generations
- a plant roots + fungus= symbiotic relationship; mutually beneficial associations of plant roots and fungi, are common and may have helped the first plants adapt to land
- b - a plant that grows on another plant, usually anchored to branches or trunks of living trees. Ex. Orchids. They absorb water and minerals from rain
- c epidermis
- d A life cycle in which there is both a multicellular diploid form, the sporophyte, and a multicellular haploid form, the gametophyte; a characteristic of plants and multicellular green algae.
- e male: pollen grains; female: egg cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- A close association between a fungus and an alga or between a fungus and a cyanobacterium, some of which are known to be beneficial to both partners.
- A plant that completes its life cycle in two years
- A pollen-producing male reproductive part of a flower, consisting of a filament and an anther.
- A plant that completes its life cycle in two years.
- The multicellular diploid form in the life cycle of organisms undergoing alternation of generations; results from a union of gametes and meiotically produces haploid spores that grow into the gametophyte generation.
5 True/False questions
Casparian strip → Part of the reproductive organ of an angiosperm, a single carpel or a group of fused carpels.
Function of ethylene → contains all the essential amino acids, rich in antioxidants and fiber, low in fat, lowers LDLs and triglycerides while maintaining HDLs.
mycosis → The densely branched network of hyphae in a fungus
phloem → The portion of a plants vascular tissue system that conveys phloem sap throughout a plant. Phloem tissue is made up of sieve-tube members. LIVING CELLS MOVES SUGARS UP AND DOWN
hyphae → The portion of a plants vascular tissue system that conveys phloem sap throughout a plant. Phloem tissue is made up of sieve-tube members. LIVING CELLS MOVES SUGARS UP AND DOWN