5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- glenn seaborg
- map reorganization
- Linus Pauling
- a happens when a network reforms and synapses change strength in such a way to lock in new pattern of activation
- b used models, in double helix, greatest structural chemist of 20th century. discovered the peptide bond
- c discovered ten chemicals all at UCB, most involved with transuranium elements, (seaborgium)
- d refers to the processes of cells receiving input from adjacent cells. touch face of amputated limb persona and feel it on face and phantom limb.
- e smell detected in urine b/c of methanethiold and dimethylsulfide. there are genetic diff in perception of smell
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- godfather of cognitive neuroscience
- region of space from which a stimulus elicits a neural response. receptive fields of diff cells overlap, everything is covered.
- linear sequence of amino acids
- 600 times sweeter than sucrose.
- fight or flight, increases heart rate, blood pressure, dilates lungs and pupils, constricts bladder and intestinal motility. Norepinephrine is the NT
5 True/False Questions
polypeptide → tail/rear
fMRI → abnormal growth of cells that disrupts normal cellular activity. benign (dont spread) malignant (spread)
William Rontgen → discovered X-ray photography, high energy
serotonergic neuron → serotonin using neuron, only releases serotonin
human eye → rene descartes, 2 separate domains that interact in some way