5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Great Society
- Richard Nixon
- Roosevelt Corollary
- Calvin Coolidge
- Salvation Army
- a President Johnson's program to reduce poverty and racial injustice and to promote a better quality of life in the US
- b established by "General" William Booth,uniformed volunteers provided food, shelter, and employment tofamilies, attracted poor with lively preaching and marching bandsin order to instill middle-class virtues
- c Became president when Harding died. Tried to clean up scandals. Business prospered and people's wealth increased
- d President after Johnson, withdrew troops from Vietnam, was President when first man landed on the Moon, helped North and South Vietnam sign a peace treaty, visited China to improve relations, resigned due to Watergate
- e addition to the Monroe Doctrine asserting America's right to intervene in Latin American affairs
5 Multiple choice questions
- 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
- talk show host, philanthropist, media mogul, richest African American of the 20th century,
- it was torn by domestic political and religious differences
- Union organization of unskilled workers; broke away from the American Federation of Labor in 1935 and rejoined it in 1955
- congressional law that imposed military rule on the South and demanded harsh conditions for readmission of the seceded states
5 True/False questions
Elvis Presley → United States rock singer whose many hit records and flamboyant style greatly influenced American popular music
Barack Obama → Became president when FDR died; gave the order to drop the atomic bomb.
In contrast to the New England colonies, the Chesapeake colonies had a → had few common traits other than their loyalty to the monarch.
Grover Cleveland → worked to reform the American education system,abolitionist, prison/asylum reform with Dorothea Dix
Frank Sinatra → First to use his voice like an instrument. Teen idol of the 1940s. Nicknamed the King of Swoon