5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jane Addams
- Townshend Act (1767
- Dawes Plan
- Sherman Anti-Trust Act
- a helped lead settlement house movement, co-founded NAACP, condemned war and poverty
- b The American plan to loan money to Germany, who would pay their reparations to France and Britain, who would pay back their debt to America, which created a win-win for everyone, and made they people happy and thought that peace was possible
- c similar to Navigatio; raised money to paycolonial officials by American taxes; led to Boston boycott of English luxuries
- d founded by Emerson, strong emphasis onspiritual unity (God, humanity, and nature), literature with strongreferences to nature
- e First federal action against monopolies, it was signed into law by Harrison and was extensively used by Theodore Roosevelt for trust-busting. However, it was initially misused against labor unions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Creates Carnegie Steel. Gets bought out by banker JP Morgan and renamed U.S. Steel. Used vertical integration by buying all the steps needed for production. Was a philanthropist. Was one of the "Robber barons"
- the "triangular trade"
- The 16 judges that were added by the Judiciary Act of 1801 that were called this because Adams signed their appointments late on the last day of his administration.
- right to grand jury, indictment, no double jeopardy, freedom from self-incrimination, due process of law
- territory split into Kansas and Nebraska, popular sovereignty (Kansas slave, Nebraska free); proposed byStephen A. Douglas
5 True/False Questions
North American Free Trade Agreement → NAFTA an alliance that merges canada, mexico and the united states into a single market
Dwight Eisenhower → leader of the Allied forces in Europe then was elected to be Pres. of the USA
Arrange the following in correct time order: (A) the restoration of the English monarchy, (B) the Puritans' Great Migration, (C) the founding of Jamestown, (D) the Protestant Reformation. → D, C, B, A
Social Gospel movement → a movement emphasizing the application of Christian principles to social problems
hip hop movement → reduce the amount of time between the election of the President and Congress and the beginning of their terms.