5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- he most distinctive feature of the Middle Colonies was
- 19th Amendment
- Dwight Eisenhower
- 15th Amendment
- Midnight Judges
- a leader of the Allied forces in Europe then was elected to be Pres. of the USA
- b The 16 judges that were added by the Judiciary Act of 1801 that were called this because Adams signed their appointments late on the last day of his administration.
- c the ethnic and religious diversity in their populations
- d Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1920) extended the right to vote to women in federal or state elections.
- e citizens cannot be denied the right to vote because of race, color , or precious condition of servitude
5 Multiple choice questions
- mandated the toleration of all Christian denominations in Maryland, even though Maryland was founded for Catholics (but majority was protestant)
- reading the Bible and analyzing the Scriptures
- Brown aimed to create an armed slaverebellion and establish black free state; Brown executed and became martyr in the North
- Chesapeake--New York
- Jane Addams's pioneer settlement house (center for women's activism and social reform) in Chicago
5 True/False questions
Dorothea Dix → Confederate general who had opposed secession but did not believe the Union should be held together by force
Zimmerman Note → Laws designed to enforce segregation of blacks from whites
Roger Williams was banished from Massachusetts Bay because he advocated → children were held to strict obedience
Greenback Party → Political party devoted to improving the lives of laborers and raising inflation, reaching its high point in 1878 when it polled over a million votes and elected fourteen members of Congress.
12th Amendment → Amendment to the United States Constitution (1913) gave Congress the power to tax income.