5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bill Gates
- Salutary Neglect
- Tet Offensive
- Frederick Douglass
- Virginia Resolves
- a no taxation without representation,"introduced by Patrick Henry
- b United States computer entrepreneur whose software company made him the youngest multi-billionaire in the history of the United States
- c Parliament took minor actions in the colonies,allowing them to experiment with and become accustomed to self-government, international trade agreements
- d runaway slave, well-known speaker on thecondition of slavery, worked with Garrison and Wendell Phillips,founder of The North Star
- e a massive surprise attack by the Vietcong on South Vietnamese towns and cities in early 1968.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Investor-created company that encouraged the spread of electricity; manufactured lightbulbs, and mainly made electricity available to more people cheaply. Also developed air brakes for trains.
- (1911) 146 women killed while locked into the burning building (brought attention to poor working conditions)
- United States statesman and leader of the Federalists
- United States explorer who (with Meriwether Lewis) led an expedition from St. Louis to the mouth of the Columbia River
- the most successful discount retailer and the founder of Wal-Mart
5 True/False Questions
Potsdam Conference (1945) → Military operations that started on January 16, 1991, with a bombing campaign, followed by a ground invasion of February 23 and 24, 1991. The ground war lasted 100 hours and resulted in a spectacularly one-sided military victory for the Coalition.
Battle of Saratoga → Strict constructionist, 4th president, father of the Constitution, leads nation through War of 1812
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People → (NAACP); Founded by W.E.B Du Bois in 1910 in order to help create more social and economic opportunities for blacks
Harry Truman → Fought for universal healthcare, equal rights for homosexuals and bisexuals, killed Bin Laden. Achieved economic recovery after the 2009 recession ( stock market rose over 15% in 2013 First Quarter). Garnered tremendous public support during his 2008 campaign but his support wained during his late first term and early second term.
Roe vs. Wade → the U.S. supreme Court ruled that there is a fundamental right ro privacy, which includes a woman's decision to have an abortion. Up until the third trimester the state allows abortion.