5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In Massachusetts, the electorate consisted of
- The people of Poverty Point
- Thomas Edison
- The driving force of New England's economy in the early eighteenth century was
- Congress of Industrial Organizations
- a all adult male members of a Congregational Church.
- b Union organization of unskilled workers; broke away from the American Federation of Labor in 1935 and rejoined it in 1955
- c built an enormous and complex system of mound
- d the "triangular trade"
- e invented the electric light, phonograph, mimeograph,Dictaphone, moving pictures
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Was an American industrialist and philanthropist. Revolutionized the petroleum industry and defined the structure of modern philanthropy.
- believed in anti-materalism, free use of drugs, they had a casual attitude toward sex and anti-conformity, (1960s) practiced free love and took drugs, flocked to San Francisco- low rent/interracial, they lived in communal "crash pads", smoked marijuana and took LSD, sexual revolution, new counter culture, Protestors who influenced US involvement in Vietnam
- stated the United States was destined to spanthe breadth of the entire continent with as much land as possible,advocated by Polk
- Established the ICC (Interstate Commerce Commission) - monitors the business operation of carriers transporting goods and people between states - created to regulate railroad prices
- it was torn by domestic political and religious differences
5 True/False Questions
Anne Hutchinson's heresy of antinomianism called into question the → Union organization of unskilled workers; broke away from the American Federation of Labor in 1935 and rejoined it in 1955
Keynesian economics → Became president when Harding died. Tried to clean up scandals. Business prospered and people's wealth increased
Richard Nixon → The successor to the Mormons after the death of Joseph Smith. He was responsible for the survival of the sect and its establishment in Utah, thereby populating the would-be state.
New Lights vs. Old Lights → 1st effort to create National union. Open to everyone but lawyers and bankers. Vague program, no clear goals, weak leadership and organization. Failed
Chinese Exclusion Act(1882) → Bill passed by Congress in response to labor disputes that prohibited all immigration from China until 1943.