5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Invading Europeans found Native American cultures that were remarkably
- Invasion of Iraq, removal of Saddam Hussein, 2003
- Affirmative Action
- a a policy designed to redress past discrimination against minority groups through measures to improve their economic and educational opportunities
- b varied
- c Founded by Joseph Smith, who claimed he was visited by God: 1830 he published a document called "The Book of Mormon." He said it was a translation of a set of gold tablets he had found in the hills of New York, revealed to him by an angel of God. Also known as Latter-Day Saints
- d founded by Emerson, strong emphasis onspiritual unity (God, humanity, and nature), literature with strongreferences to nature
- e Iran, Iraq, and North Korea designated as the "axis of evil," institution of democratic government in Iraq to replace Hussein's dictatorship(return to spread and protection of democracy throughout the world, moving beyond containment of communism)
5 Multiple choice questions
- established by "General" William Booth,uniformed volunteers provided food, shelter, and employment tofamilies, attracted poor with lively preaching and marching bandsin order to instill middle-class virtues
- he cultivation of tobacco.
- Plundering pirates off the Mediterranean coast of Africa; President Thomas Jefferson's refusal to pay them tribute to protect American ships sparked an undeclared naval war with North African nations
- 43rd president of the US who began a campaign toward energy self-sufficiency and against terrorism in 2001
- worked to reform the American education system,abolitionist, prison/asylum reform with Dorothea Dix
5 True/False questions
The Great Awakening → began by Edwards to return to Puritanism,increased overall religious involvement, gave women more activeroles in religion, more and more ministers sprouted up throughoutthe country; mainly affected towns and cities
10th Amendment → The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The seventeenth-century English colonies → Theory based on the principles of John Maynard Keynes, stating that government spending should increase during business slumps and be curbed during booms.
Trail of Tears → United States computer entrepreneur whose software company made him the youngest multi-billionaire in the history of the United States
What were the five civilized tribes? → Eli Whitney