5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Charles Lindbergh
- Committees of Correspondence
- Eventually, the London Company encouraged immigrants to come to Jamestown by offering them an opportunity to
- Compromise of 1850
- Europeans usually viewed Native Americans as
- a own their own land
- b United States aviator who in 1927 made the first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean.
- c 1) California admitted as free state, (2)territorial status and popular sovereignty of Utah and New Mexico,(3) resolution of Texas-New Mexico boundaries, (4) federalassumption of Texas debt, (5) slave trade abolished in DC, and (6)new fugitive slave law; advocated by Henry Clay and Stephen A.Douglas
- d committees appointed fromdifferent colonies to communicate on matters; asserted rights to self-government, cooperation between colonies
- e racially and culturally inferior
5 Multiple choice questions
- Orville Wright credited with the design and construction of the first practical airplane. They made the first controllable, powered heavier-than-air flight along with many other aviation milestones, also showing the beginning of the individual progressive spirit.
- In 1965 he was the first black to have a starring role in a continuing network television dramatic series.
- Also known as Babe Ruth, he became a celebrity with his record of hitting 60 home runs in one season lasted for more than 30 years
- Revolutionary leader who wrote the pamphlet Common Sense (1776) arguing for American independence from Britain. In England he published The Rights of Man
- provided housing and recreation to cityyouth, imposing Protestant morals, unable to reach out to all youth
5 True/False questions
ornfields in the Southwest stopped producing corn because → a haven for English Catholics.
In 1676 frontier settlers rebelled against the royal governor of Virginia. This was → scarcity of women
21st Amendment → citizens cannot be denied the right to vote because of race, color , or precious condition of servitude
General Electric → Investor-created company that encouraged the spread of electricity; manufactured lightbulbs, and mainly made electricity available to more people cheaply. Also developed air brakes for trains.
Horizontal Integration → absorption into a single firm of several firms involved in the same level of production and sharing resources at that level