5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Eventually, the London Company encouraged immigrants to come to Jamestown by offering them an opportunity to
- John Peter Zenger was charged with
- 18th Amendment
- Marshall Plan
- Betty Friedan
- a A plan that the US came up with to revive war-torn economies of Europe. This plan offered $13 billion in aid to western and Southern Europe.
- b United States feminist who founded a national organization for women
- c seditious libel
- d own their own land
- e Prohibited the manufacture, sale, and distribution of alcoholic beverages
5 Multiple choice questions
- Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
- citizens cannot be denied the right to vote because of race, color , or precious condition of servitude
- state-run economy to provide conflict-free society
- A peace treaty between Israel and Egypt where Egypt agreed to recognize the nation state of Israel
- FDR's foreign policy of promoting better relations w/Latin America by using economic influence rater than military force in the region
5 True/False questions
In the seventeenth century, the colonists in Massachusetts were more successful than Virginia's → scarcity of women
Military Reconstruction Act (1867) → congressional law that imposed military rule on the South and demanded harsh conditions for readmission of the seceded states
Compromise of 1877 → Sharp economic downturn that began when the railroad industry faltered during the early 1890s followed by the collapse of many related industries
Bill Gates → United States computer entrepreneur whose software company made him the youngest multi-billionaire in the history of the United States
New Freedom → two periods of time, in the 1920s and 1950s, in which Americans feared the growth of communism. These suspicions led to tests of the civil liberties of people under the Constitution.