5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Manifest Destiny
- Dorothea Dix
- Jay's Treaty
- National Labor Union
- Who invented the cooton gin?
- a 1866 - established by William Sylvis - wanted 8hr work days, banking reform, and an end to conviction labor - attempt to unite all laborers
- b provided for evacuation of English troops from posts in the Great Lakes
- c stated the United States was destined to spanthe breadth of the entire continent with as much land as possible,advocated by Polk
- d worked towards asylums for the mentally insane,worked alongside Mann
- e Eli Whitney
5 Multiple choice questions
- a movement emphasizing the application of Christian principles to social problems
- Theory that opposes governmental interference in economic affairs beyond what is necessary to protect life and property.
- The 16 judges that were added by the Judiciary Act of 1801 that were called this because Adams signed their appointments late on the last day of his administration.
- In 1965 he was the first black to have a starring role in a continuing network television dramatic series.
- agreement between US and Britain toremove armed fleets from the Great Lakes
5 True/False questions
Truman Doctrine → President Truman's policy of providing economic and military aid to any country threatened by communism or totalitarian ideology
Indian Reorganization Act → 1934 - Restored tribal ownership of lands, recognized tribal constitutions and government, and provided loans for economic development.
The government of the Carolinas → The tragic journey of the cherokee people from their home land to indian territory between 1838 and 1839, thousands of cherokees died.
14th Amendment → Prohibited the manufacture, sale, and distribution of alcoholic beverages
Ernest Hemingway → One of the most popular writers of the 1920's who wrote "A Farewell to Arms". Part of the Lost Generation