5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treating a protein with acid, heat, or agitation will cause _______________, meaning that the three-dimensional structure of the protein has been altered (it unfolds).
- High protein diets may be harmful for
A) the elderly.
C) body builders.
D) those with kidney disease.
- A hereditary condition caused by an incorrect amino acid in the amino acid sequence of a protein chain is
D) sickle cell anemia.
- In proteins, amino acids are joined by _______________ bonds
- Which of the following is a food that provides adequate amounts all of the essential amino acids?
A) Peanut butter
B) Navy beans
- a Denaturation
- b C - milk
- c peptide
- d D - sickle cell anemia
- e D - those with kidney disease
5 Multiple choice questions
- C - the size of his vital organs
- C - amino group
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is true about protein?
A) It is made up of combinations of approximately 20 amino acids.
B) It is made up of combinations of amino acids and fatty acids.
C) It is unique in that it is the only dietary component that contains selenium.
D) It is important primarily for increasing bone density. → A
Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
D) 20 → peptide
Proteins are digested in which areas of the body?
A) Small and large intestines
B) Mouth and stomach
C) Stomach and small intestine
D) Mouth and small intestine → C - Stomach and small intestine
What enzyme is released by the stomach to digest protein?
B) Lipoprotein lipase
D) Amylase → B
Proteins regulate the acid-base balance of the blood by
A) releasing an acid.
B) binding sodium ions.
C) releasing nitrogen.
D) acting as buffers → C - Stomach and small intestine