5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- The most reliable source of vitamin B12 for the vegan would be
A) fortified soybean milk.
- _______________ is an important protein that acts as a hormone. It is produced by the beta cells of the pancreas.
- High protein diets may be harmful for
A) the elderly.
C) body builders.
D) those with kidney disease.
- In proteins, amino acids are joined by _______________ bonds
- a peptide
- b A
- c D - those with kidney disease
- d insulin
5 Multiple choice questions
- C - the size of his vital organs
- C - amino group
- C - milk
5 True/False questions
What enzyme is released by the stomach to digest protein?
B) Lipoprotein lipase
D) Amylase → C - pepsin
Proteins are digested in which areas of the body?
A) Small and large intestines
B) Mouth and stomach
C) Stomach and small intestine
D) Mouth and small intestine → C - Stomach and small intestine
Wilma is an alcoholic. Her liver has been damaged to such a degree that it cannot produce the appropriate blood proteins for fluid balance. She develops a condition called edema, which is
A) cardiovascular disease.
B) extreme thirst.
C) loss of muscle mass.
D) the build up of fluids in extracellular spaces. → D - the build up of fluids in extracellular spaces
Treating a protein with acid, heat, or agitation will cause _______________, meaning that the three-dimensional structure of the protein has been altered (it unfolds). → peptide
Jack weighs 176 pounds. What would be his RDA for protein?
A) 27 grams
B) 64 grams
C) 80 grams
D) 10 grams → C - pepsin