5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Distance Learning
- Domain Name
- Automatic Deposits
- Just-in-Time Inventory--JIT
- a The "paperless" transfer of funds from an employer or other agency to the account of an employee or beneficiary. Instead of receiving a check on payday, the employee will receive a check stub only. This saves the employee the inconvenience of a trip to the bank to make the deposit F2F.
- b A new trend in education and training whereby courses are offered via the internet from a remote site. This allows for prospective students to access and receive credit for courses without geographical limitations and schedule constraints. Both secondary and post-secondary institutions have been able to increase their profitability through additional programs and enrollment with minimal overhead costs.
- c a web address; locates an organization or other entity on the Internet. Domain names are used in URLs to identify particular Web pages. For example, in the URL-- http://www.stewsnews.com/actors/bradpitt.html, the domain name is stewsnews.com.
- d The process of losing distribution channels when they are no longer needed. The growth of e-commerce has effected the need for retail intermediaries or "middlemen" that exist between the producer and the consumer. One example would be the effect that Online Ticket Purchases has had on Travel Agencies. Consumers are learning that the ability to buy directly from the producer saves money as the cost markup that occurs with the "middleman" has been eliminated.
- e Products are ordered and then manufactured on an as-needed basis to reduce warehousing costs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Right this instant;" the immediate response to buyer inquiry made possible through the interactive nature of the internet.
- The amount of time it takes a seller to respond to a customer's inquiry for purchase or service.
- the ability of a government to exert control over a person or corporation
- The process of becoming global or world wide. In e-Commerce this refers to the removal of the geographic boundaries that traditionally exist between the seller and the customer.
- An encrypted representation of a paper check. Checks are written and sent electronically.
5 True/False Questions
Security Protocols → Sets of rules and standards that allow computers to exchange information such that the information is not visible to those who are not allowed to view it.
Domain extensions → a web address; locates an organization or other entity on the Internet. Domain names are used in URLs to identify particular Web pages. For example, in the URL-- http://www.stewsnews.com/actors/bradpitt.html, the domain name is stewsnews.com.
Direct Distribution Channels → Channels of distribution that require an intermediary such as a retail distributor to add value between the manufacturer and the consumer. The ability to buy online directly from the manufacturer has eliminated the need for Indirect Distribution Channels.
Continuous Inventory Control → The process of counting and collecting information on current inventory manually. This is done on a periodic basis, unlike Continuous Inventory Control. Therefore, it is not well-suited to online selling as the current inventory status is not regularly updated.
Video-conferencing → The use of sophisticated phone systems to conduct meetings with multiple persons at remote locations.