5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Response Time
- Security Protocols
- Payment Gateways
- Shopping Carts
- a The amount of time it takes a seller to respond to a customer's inquiry for purchase or service.
- b A common feature of an electronic commerce site that keeps track of the items a customer has selected to purchase and that lets the customer view and update the contents of the cart, add new items to it, or remove items from it.
- c Sets of rules and standards that allow computers to exchange information such that the information is not visible to those who are not allowed to view it.
- d An encrypted representation of a paper check. Checks are written and sent electronically.
- e A company that serves as an intermediary for businesses to provide online payment options to customers. Payment gateways handle the technical steps involved in allowing customers to pay for purchases online. Cybercash and ExciteStores are examples.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A term that refers to immediate processing of an online purchase.
- taxes that are levied by national, state, and local governments on the net income generated by business activities; one of the greatest taxation concerns faced by international e-businesses.
- A file on a seller's web site that contains buyer information such as buyer name, credit card information, and shipping requirements/preferences.
- the act of becoming worldwide in scope or application
- The process of managing product inventory where the information is updated instantaneously each time there is an increase or decrease to the stock-in-hand. This is the type of inventory management that is necessary to e-Commerce businesses as it enables the seller to provide customers with product availability information that is current.
5 True/False Questions
Encryption → An encrypted number is a number coded in a way that cannot be understood by anyone who is not supposed to use it. In electronic payments, the online seller does not actually receive your credit card information. Instead your encrypted number is sent to the payment gateway. There the number is decoded and sent to your credit card financial institution for approval of your purchase.
Cyber-Intermediaries → Individuals who develop Internet-based Intermediary solutions.
Video-conferencing → The use of sophisticated phone systems to conduct meetings with multiple persons at remote locations.
Globalization → the ability of a government to exert control over a person or corporation
Domain extensions → Every domain name has a suffix that indicates which top level domain (TLD) it belongs to. These are often indicative of the origin or type of site to which the domain name points. Example: in the URL--