5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Brachiocephalic Vein
- where does lipid/ fat digestion begin?
- Corpus Luteum
- a endocrine tissue which produces hormones, estrogen, and progesterone which prepares the uterine lining for receiving an embryo
- b found in plants standing in water, functions to regulate entry of water and ions into cortex. Cell layer just beneath the surface of the roots of many plants
- c A new B cell or T cell makes receptors for only one kind of antigen
- d Vein formed by the union of the jugular and subclavian veins above the heart. Carries deoxygenated blood to right atrium of heart.
- e small intestine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- funguslike protist composed of branching filaments of cells
- the stage in the life cycle of a plant in which the plant produces gametes, or sex cells
- defend against bacterial/fungal infections, their activity and death in large numbers cause pus
- energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference
- Circuit of blood that carries blood between the heart and the rest of the body.
5 True/False Questions
Phloem → parenchyma cells inside the ring of vascular tissue in dicot stems
Sheath → contractile hollow tail fiber that punctures through outer membrane and injects DNA from capsid to host cell cytoplasm
What type of tissue do all types of animals contain? → skeletal, cardiac, and smooth muscle
Broca's Area → A network of capillaries encased in a membrane in the kidney for the purpose of filtration
Secondary Growth → Increase in number, size, and volume of a measured quantity