5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- a Raphael's The Madonna of the Meadows is composed using the implied shape of a:
- b Sculptor Claes Oldenburg tends to challenge viewers' idea of:
- c The 20th-century master of the fresco technique who created the work Mixtec Culture is:
b. Diego Rivera.
c. Pablo Picasso.
d. Georges Braque.
e. Frida Kahlo.
- d In fresco painting, a drawing called a ________ is transferred to the prepared surface prior to applying the pigment.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The difference in the color and consistency of different types of crayons and pastels is due to:
a. the use of liquid pigmentation.
b. the use of different binders.
c. None of these answers is correct; there is no difference.
d. the fact that these media do not need a binding agent.
e. the fact that crayons are made for children, while pastels are made for artists.
- In art, shapes that suggest forms found in nature are called ________ shapes.
- Lithography is a __________ process, which means that the printing surface is flat, not raised.
- The Parthenon and the Modulor were both designed according to a ratio known as:
a. the vanishing point.
b. the central plan.
c. the true view.
d. the silver mean.
e. the golden section.
- Raymond Pettibon:
a. exhibits each of his works individually.
b. only uses sculpture as a medium.
c. displays his drawings as elements in larger installations.
d. hangs his work from the ceiling away from any wall.
e. creates large-scale drawings with enormous physical presence.
5 True/False Questions
b → Pope Julius II employed which two Italian Renaissance artists to paint frescoes for him?
a. Rivera and Kahlo
b. Michelangelo and Raphael
c. Van Gogh and Gauguin
d. Vermeer and Van Eyck
e. Donatello and Titian
c → Which of the following are not among the principles of design?
a. emphasis and focal point
b. balance and rhythm
c. texture and color
d. unity and variety
e. proportion and scale
a → Which is NOT one of the four basic printmaking processes?
d → The work of Sol LeWitt can best be described as:
c → During the 20th century, which of the following became a recognized element of art?