5 Written questions
2 Matching questions
- a What part of the pen conveys the ink to the drawing surface?
None of these answers is correct.
a. The quill
b. The calligraphic
c. The nib
d. The twig
- b A good example of the use of aquatint in creating areas of unmodulated, translucent color is the print:
a. Standard Station by Ed Ruscha.
b. Hasta La Muerte by Francisco de Goya.
c. Untitled (Sequoia and Moon) by Vija Celmins.
d. Woman Bathing by Mary Cassatt.
e. Preface to the Diamond Sutra.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which of the following is NOT one of the techniques of intaglio printing?
- A black-and-white photograph of a scene eliminates the hues and intensities of the scene's colors but captures the ________ of the colors.
e. All of these answers are correct.
- In buon fresco, or true fresco, pigment is mixed with water and applied to:
a. dry plaster.
b. stretched canvas.
c. hot beeswax.
d. wet plaster.
e. raw silk.
- Traditional Chinese artists used _________, the oldest painting medium in continuous use.
b. encaustic paint
e. ink sticks
- The difference in the color and consistency of different types of crayons and pastels is due to:
a. the use of liquid pigmentation.
b. the use of different binders.
c. None of these answers is correct; there is no difference.
d. the fact that these media do not need a binding agent.
e. the fact that crayons are made for children, while pastels are made for artists.
5 True/False questions
b → The work of Sol LeWitt can best be described as:
a → Which is NOT one of the four basic printmaking processes?
d → The painting technique used in the first century in Egypt, Greece, and Rome that involves the use of wax is:
b. oil paint.
d → The use of atmospheric perspective is a prominent aspect of which work?
a. Les bêtes de la mer by Henri Matisse
b. The Rocky Mountains, Lander's Peak by Albert Bierstadt
c. Untitled by Keith Haring
d. A Sunday on La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat
e. The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci
b → The 20th-century master of the fresco technique who created the work Mixtec Culture is:
b. Diego Rivera.
c. Pablo Picasso.
d. Georges Braque.
e. Frida Kahlo.