5 Written questions
2 Matching questions
- a In metalpoint, lines are drawn with a silver ________ onto a surface coated with a preliminary coating of paint.
- b Lithography is a __________ process, which means that the printing surface is flat, not raised.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The earliest known printed book contains the earliest surviving woodcut image. The book was made in the 9th century C.E. in:
e. None of these answers is correct.
- The difference in the color and consistency of different types of crayons and pastels is due to:
a. the use of liquid pigmentation.
b. the use of different binders.
c. None of these answers is correct; there is no difference.
d. the fact that these media do not need a binding agent.
e. the fact that crayons are made for children, while pastels are made for artists.
- The Parthenon and the Modulor were both designed according to a ratio known as:
a. the vanishing point.
b. the central plan.
c. the true view.
d. the silver mean.
e. the golden section.
- Which of the visual elements can best be described as "the path of a moving point"?
- Because this 20th-century artist dated most of his drawings over the course of his lifetime, we have nearly a complete visual record of his mind at work.
b. van Gogh
5 True/False questions
b → Which of the following media is the most common of all drawing media?
a. Conté crayon
b. Graphite pencil
c. Pen and ink
b → In printmaking, a plate or block will be canceled so that:
a. a new image may be printed from it.
b. no more prints can be made from it.
c. the artist may rework his or her ideas anew.
d. the printmaker can properly register the prints.
e. ink can be applied to it for printing.
d → The earliest-known woodcut was made in:
a → The predecessor of the graphite pencil, especially popular during the Renaissance, is:
a. metal point.
d. pen and ink.
c → Which of the following is NOT one of the techniques of intaglio printing?