5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- True or false: Functionalists believe deviance has no useful purpose in society and only contributes to social chaos.
- Like our mind, our emotions depend on ______.
- The two anthropologists who studied the Hopi Indians and concluded that language has embedded within it ways of looking at the world were ________.
- True or false: When on "moral holiday," norms are expected to be broken.
- a True
- b socialization
- c Edward Sapir and Benjamin Whorf
- d False
5 Multiple choice questions
- They are DINKS.
- romantic love
- As the number of hours in day care increased, the bond was weaker between mother and child.
5 True/False questions
Which of the following represents an achieved status? → body language
True or false: Some people have a contradiction or a mismatch between their statuses. → True
When sociologists' group people into categories based on their age, gender, educational level, job, and income, they are trying to determine ________. → the dominant group
The idea that language allows us to pass ideas, knowledge, and attitudes to the next generation shows how language ________. → True
True or false: The theory of differential association suggests that people who associate with certain groups receive an "excess of definitions" about either deviance or conformity. → False