5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The relocation of Native Americans to reservations and the transfer of Americans of Japanese descent to internment camps during World War II are examples of ________.
- With 54 million members, which denomination has the highest membership in the United States?
- The relativity of deviance is MOST aligned with which sociological perspective?
- Jewelry, art, hairstyles, and clothing each represent examples of ________.
- How does the mass media influence gender roles in contemporary American society?
- a direct transfer
- b It reinforces gender roles considered appropriate for one's sex.
- c Roman Catholic
- d symbolic interactionism
- e material culture
5 Multiple choice questions
- a degradation ceremony
- the life course
5 True/False questions
True or false: Herbert Spencer believed the most capable and intelligent members of a society would survive while the weak and less capable would die, thus improving society, in a master plan he called "the survival of the fittest." → False
True or false:Social scientists have identified many common gestures and agree that gestures are universal. → True
True or false: The difference between role and status is that we occupy a status and play a role. → False
Husbands remain primarily responsible for earning the income and wives are primarily responsible for the house and children. This is an arrangement sociologists call ________. → positive sanction
Marx's notion that religion diverts the thoughts of workers to the afterlife rather than toward rebellion against their worldly oppressors is expressed by his statement ________. → social Darwinism