5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In society, which group has the greatest power, privileges, and social status?
- True or false: Booker T. Washington was the first African American to earn a doctorate degree from Harvard University.
- What conclusion did psychologists Susan Goldberg and Michael Lewis make after observing the interactions of mothers and their children?
- People who are prejudiced against one racial or ethnic group tend to be prejudiced against other groups.
- A position in society that cuts across other statuses a person holds, such as being a high-ranking Army officer, a college president, or a handicapped Olympian, would be considered that person's ________.
- a False
- b True
- c Mothers unconsciously rewarded their daughters for being dependent.
- d the dominant group
- e master status
5 Multiple choice questions
- nuclear family
- "Religion is ... the opium of the people."
- As the number of hours in day care increased, the bond was weaker between mother and child.
- Edward Sapir and Benjamin Whorf
5 True/False questions
True or false: Commitment is the essential difference between marriage and cohabitation. → True
True or false: The term family is difficult to define because of the many varieties of family displayed in the world's cultures. → True
When sociologists' group people into categories based on their age, gender, educational level, job, and income, they are trying to determine ________. → functionalists
What is another name for multiculturalism? → Religion is a matter of faith that is beyond objective evaluation.
True or false: The corners of life that people occupy, such as jobs, income, education, gender, age, and race, are referred to as the social imperative. → True