5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- motor molecule
- surface-area-to volume ratio
- a group of closely related plant organelles that are used for storage of starches, lipids, or pigments; includes chloroplasts, chromoplasts, and amyloplasts (leucoplasts).
- b A stacked portion of the thylakoid membrane in the chloroplast; functions in the light reactions of photosynthesis.
- c protein that moves along either actin filaments or microtubules and translocates organelles
- d ratio of a cell's outside area to its internal volume
- e A temporary, foot-like extension of a cell, used for locomotion or engulfing food
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A membrane-enclosed sac occupying most of the interior of a mature plant cell, having diverse roles in reproduction, growth, and development.
- strong wall outside a plant cell's plasma membrane that protects the cell and maintains its shape
- Infoldings of the inner membrane of a mitochondrion that houses the electon transport chain and the enzyme catalyzing the synthesis of ATP.
- region of cytoplasmic material that in animal cells contains structures called centrioles
- small particle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
5 True/False Questions
capsule → Infoldings of the inner membrane of a mitochondrion that houses the electon transport chain and the enzyme catalyzing the synthesis of ATP.
chromatin → an area within a chloroplast that lies between the thylakoid membranes; serves as the site of the Calvin cycle in photosynthesis which involves the synthesis of carbohydrates
microtubule → A structure in an animal cell composed of cylinders of microtubule triplets arranged in a 9 + 0 pattern. An animal cell usually has a pair of centrioles involved in cell division.
vacuole → small membrane-bound sac that functions in moving products into, out of, and within a cell
nucleoplasm → The organelle where ribosomes are made, synthesized and partially assembled, located in the nucleus