5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- actin filament
- a in eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of cellular respiration, which produces ATP
- b muscle protein filament in a sarcomere; its movement shortens the sarcomere, yielding muscle contraction. Actin filaments play a role in the movement of the cell and its organelles
- c the smallest unit that can perform all life processes; cells are covered by a membrane and contain DNA and cytoplasm
- d small particle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
- e A short cellular appendage specialized for locomotion, formed from a core of nine outer doublet microtubules and two inner single microtubules ensheathed in an extension of plasma membrane.
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the small bodies that are found in the cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function
- The organelle where ribosomes are made, synthesized and partially assembled, located in the nucleus
- A coiled, spiral-shaped bacterium that has endoflagella and flexes as it moves.
- A membrane-enclosed sac occupying most of the interior of a mature plant cell, having diverse roles in reproduction, growth, and development.
- aerobic rod-shaped spore-producing bacterium
5 True/False questions
spirillum → A type of bacterial cell with a rigid spiral shape and external flagella.
rough endoplasmic reticulum → A network of membranes inside eukarytoic cells invovled in lipid synthesis (steroid in gonads), detoxification (in liver cells), and/or Ca2+ storage (muscle cells); lacks ribosomes on the surface
secretion → elongated, hollow appendages that pull 2 cells together prior to DNA transfer from one cell to the other found in bacterium
nucleoid → Region in prokaryotic cell where DNA is concentrated, not enclosed by membrane
nuclear pore → double membrane perforated with pores that control the flow of materials in and out of the nucleus