5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cell theory
- a idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells
- b The complex of DNA and proteins that makes up a eukaryotic chromosome. When the cell is not dividing, it exists as a mass of very long, thin fibers that are not visible with a light microscope.
- c a functionally specialized substance (especially one that is not a waste) released from a gland or cell by exocytosis
- d fingerlike projections that create wavelike currents(peristalsis) in fluid surrounding the ovary to move the ovum into the uterine tube; Filamentous proteins on the surface of bacterial cells
- e A stacked portion of the thylakoid membrane in the chloroplast; functions in the light reactions of photosynthesis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- enzyme-filled vesicle in which fatty acids and amino acids are metabolized to hydrogen peroxide that is broken down to harmless products
- small particle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
- any spherical or nearly spherical bacteria
- group of closely related plant organelles that are used for storage of starches, lipids, or pigments; includes chloroplasts, chromoplasts, and amyloplasts (leucoplasts).
- a microscopic network of actin filaments and microtubules in the cytoplasm of many living cells that gives the cell shape and coherence
5 True/False questions
mitochondrion → in eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of cellular respiration, which produces ATP
cell wall → idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells
prokaryotic cell → A type of cell with a membrane-enclosed nucleus and membrane-enclosed organelles. Examples of organisms with these cells are protists, plants, fungi, and animals; organisms are in the Eukarya domain
cell → organelle that controls all the activities of a cell and contains hereditary material made of DNA
nucleolus → The organelle where ribosomes are made, synthesized and partially assembled, located in the nucleus