5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cell theory
- plasma membrane
- a idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells
- b a microscopic network of actin filaments and microtubules in the cytoplasm of many living cells that gives the cell shape and coherence
- c Infoldings of the inner membrane of a mitochondrion that houses the electon transport chain and the enzyme catalyzing the synthesis of ATP.
- d thin outer boundary of a cell composed of a bilayer of phospholipids in which proteins are embedded that regulates the traffic of chemicals between the cell and its surroundings
- e a circular DNA molecule that is usually found in bacteria and that can replicate independent of the main chromosome
5 Multiple choice questions
- Photosynthetic, oxygen-producing bacteria (formerly known as blue-green algae).
- in eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of cellular respiration, which produces ATP
- opening in the nuclear envelope that permits the passage of proteins into the nucleus and ribosomal subunits out of the nucleus
- A type of cell with a membrane-enclosed nucleus and membrane-enclosed organelles. Examples of organisms with these cells are protists, plants, fungi, and animals; organisms are in the Eukarya domain
- aerobic rod-shaped spore-producing bacterium
5 True/False questions
secretion → Region in prokaryotic cell where DNA is concentrated, not enclosed by membrane
plastid → group of closely related plant organelles that are used for storage of starches, lipids, or pigments; includes chloroplasts, chromoplasts, and amyloplasts (leucoplasts).
cytoplasm → semifluid medium of the nucleus containing chromatin
chromatin → A threadlike linear strand of DNA and associated proteins in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells that carries the genes and functions in the transmission of hereditary information
nucleoplasm → The organelle where ribosomes are made, synthesized and partially assembled, located in the nucleus