5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- C) Density of the lead in a protective apron
- B) decreases
- D) 1/2 inch
- B) False
- B) 5 R per minute
- a 95. Using a lower kVp and higher mAs reduces the patient dose of radiation.
- b 122. According to the inverse square law, when the distance from the x-ray source is doubled, the intensity of the radiation:
A) increases by a factor of 4
C) increases by a factor of 10
- c 159. The secondary barrier should overlap the primary protective barrier by about _______ inch and must extend to the ceiling.
A) 1 inch
B) 2 inches
C) 1/4 inch
D) 1/2 inch
- d 130. A densitometer is an instrument used to measure the:
A)) Density of developed film from a film badge
B) Density of lithium fluoride in a TLD
C) Density of the lead in a protective apron
D) Density of light transmitted to a given area
- e 107. Non intensified fluoroscopic units entrance exposure rates may not exceed:
A) 1 R per minute
B) 5 R per minute
C) 10 R per minute
D) 25 R per minute
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 138. Pocket dosimeters generally used in radiology have a sensitivity of:
A) 0 to 200 mR
B) 50 - 200 mR
C) 75 - 180 mR
D) 80 - 500 mR
- 136. ______________ are the most sensitive personnel monitoring devices.
A) Film badges
B) Pocket dosimeters
C) Thermoluminescent dosimeter
D) Electro meter
- 123. If a radiographer stands 2 meters away from an x-ray tube and receives an exposure of 3mR/hour, what will the exposure be if the radiographer moves 4 meters from the x-ray tube?
A) 1.25 mR/hr
B) 0.75 mR/hr
C) 0.50 mR/hr
D) 0.25 mR/hr
- 101. A chest x-ray should be mandatory for all patients upon admission to the hospital.
- 124. The inverse square law does NOT apply to gamma and neutron radiation.
5 True/False Questions
B) proper collimation of the radiographic beam → 93. The first step in providing gonadal protection for the patient must be....
B) one fourth → 105. Increasing filtration from 1mm aluminum to 3mm aluminum during fluoroscopic procedures decreases patient dose by:
A) one half
B) one fourth
C) one eigth
D) two times
A) Distance → 112. Special consideration is required for pediatric patients because they may live long enough to develop a radiation induced leukemia or radiographic malignancy.
A) 15 inches → 104. For fixed fluoroscopes, the minimum source to table distance is:
A) 15 inches
B) 7 inches
C) 20 inches
D) 23 inches
D) decreases by a factor of 16 at the new distance → 162. It is preferable that the radiologic technologist examination of the lower abdomen and pelvis of a fertile woman be limited to the ________ whenever possible.