5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- list the second of the three characteristics of water
- Lake Baikal
- a world's oldest and deepest freshwater lake
- b an extensive concentration of urbanized settlement formed by a coalescence of several metropolitan areas. The term is commonly applied to the urbanized northeastern seaboard of the U.S. extending from Boston, MA to New York, NY and Philadelphia, PA to Washington, D.C.
- c the basic currency shared by the countries of the European Union since 1999
- d heat and cool slowly
- e The great period of rebirth in art, literature, and learning in the 14th-16th centuries, which marked the transition into the modern periods of European history
5 Multiple choice questions
- Strong sense of loyalty to one's state or region of the country instead of to the whole country. A key cause of the Civil War.
- The exchange of goods and ideas between Native Americans and Europeans
- The people of Brazil speak what language
- cradle of humanity
- coperations with assets in many different countries; bring jobs, tech, produts for developing nations
5 True/False questions
European Union → An economic and political grouping of countries of Europe that have over 15 countries in Western Europe as members. List some issues
houses, vacations, crime rate → Strong sense of loyalty to one's state or region of the country instead of to the whole country. A key cause of the Civil War.
Maquiladoras → Those U.S. firms that have factories just outside the United States/Mexican border in areas that have been specially designated by the Mexican government. In such areas, factories cheaply assemble goods for export back into the United States.
Gulag → Gross Domestic Product- the total market value of all final goods and services produced annually in an economy, measure of the United States economy adopted in 1991
mosque → (Islam) a Muslim place of worship