5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Lake Baikal
- Dead Sea
- European Union
- Berlin Conference
- a A meeting from 1884-1885 at which representatives of European nations agreed on rules colonization of Africa
- b the lowest place on the exposed crust of the earth; a landlocked salt lake between Israel and Jordan that is so salty that almost nothing can live in its waters; it is 1,349 feet below sea level
- c An economic and political grouping of countries of Europe that have over 15 countries in Western Europe as members. List some issues
- d Those U.S. firms that have factories just outside the United States/Mexican border in areas that have been specially designated by the Mexican government. In such areas, factories cheaply assemble goods for export back into the United States.
- e world's oldest and deepest freshwater lake
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the study of physical features of the earth's surface
- capital city of the Aztec empire,located where Mexico city stands now
- the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time
- The practice of rotating use of different fields from crop to crop each year, to avoid exhausting the soil.
- the land mass formed by the continents of Europe and Asia
5 True/False Questions
strategic commodity → Strong sense of loyalty to one's state or region of the country instead of to the whole country. A key cause of the Civil War.
aquifer → underground bed or layer yielding ground water for wells and springs etc (under Sahara desert for example)
GDP → Gross Domestic Product- the total market value of all final goods and services produced annually in an economy, measure of the United States economy adopted in 1991
polder → the meteorological conditions: temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation
Hinduism → the predominant religion of India