5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a age of reason, revival of attitudes and style in classic literature.
- b comedy, humor
- c clash of purposes, in novel, story, and PLAY.
- d reasons for a character acting a certain way.
- e underlying idea of a work
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- everything that happens in a story, novel, or play
- selection and arrangement of words in a literary work, 4 types
- leads to downfall, usually hubris, pride
- American philosophical and religious movement, 1835
- character duplicated, opposite personalities, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
5 True/False Questions
metaphor → a feeling of sympathetic pity, also the qualities in a literary work that cause such a feeling
pathos → literary tone used to make fun of human vice or weakness
foil → attitude of author towards reader
allusion → narrative technique that characters represents abstract things, message or lessons
protagonist → person who is main character/hero