5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sandra Day O'Connor
- ________ David Accords
- Geraldine Ferraro
- a 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
- b Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- c first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice
- d to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- e Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
- scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
- President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
5 True/False Questions
___________ and Balances → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
New Right → Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
Iran Hostage Crisis → scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
Glasnost → Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
Ratify → to approve or pass a law