5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Right
- Due ____________
- Iran-Contra Affair
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- a A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
- b showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- c scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
- d Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- e Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
5 Multiple choice questions
- Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
5 True/False questions
Veto → to approve or pass a law
Ratify → the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
Apartheid → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI) → Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
Republic → a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.