5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Right
- Sandra Day O'Connor
- ________ David Accords
- a a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
- b Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- c showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- d first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice
- e 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
5 Multiple choice questions
- to approve or pass a law
- 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
- Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
5 True/False questions
Iran-Contra Affair → A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
Reaganomics → President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
Social Control Amendments → 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
Reconstruction Amendments → 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
Due ____________ → Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law