5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI)
- Congress and President Amendments
- a showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- b Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
- c a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
- d 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- e President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
- Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
- Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
- Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
5 True/False questions
Moral __________ → Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
________ David Accords → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
Panama Canal Treaties → Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
Iran Hostage Crisis → A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
Ratify → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.