5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Moral __________
- Congress and President Amendments
- Voting Amendments
- a to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- b 15. African American males were given the right to vote; 19. Women granted suffrage (voting rights); 24. ________ taxes were banned; 26. Lowered the voting age to _____
- c 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- d the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
- e Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
- first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
5 True/False Questions
Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI) → Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
New Right → 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
Glasnost → Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
Republic → President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
Whip ______________ Now (WIN) → Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law