5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Whip ______________ Now (WIN)
- Bill of Rights
- a President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- b showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- c 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
- d an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.
- e Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
- 15. African American males were given the right to vote; 19. Women granted suffrage (voting rights); 24. ________ taxes were banned; 26. Lowered the voting age to _____
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
5 True/False Questions
Sandra Day O'Connor → first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice
Veto → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
Congress and President Amendments → 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
Iran Hostage Crisis → A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
Social Control Amendments → 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed