5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bill of Rights
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- Reconstruction Amendments
- New Right
- a Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- b 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
- c Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- d 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
- e A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
- President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
5 True/False Questions
Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI) → Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
___________ and Balances → 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
Apartheid → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
________ David Accords → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
Due ____________ → Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law