5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reconstruction Amendments
- Bill of Rights
- Panama Canal Treaties
- a to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- b Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- c 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
- d Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
- e 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
5 Multiple choice questions
- President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
- Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
- the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
5 True/False questions
New Right → Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
Sandra Day O'Connor → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
Clemency → showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
Due ____________ → Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
Iran Hostage Crisis → A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran