5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Moral __________
- Voting Amendments
- a the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
- b 15. African American males were given the right to vote; 19. Women granted suffrage (voting rights); 24. ________ taxes were banned; 26. Lowered the voting age to _____
- c Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
- d Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
- e a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
- 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
5 True/False Questions
Bill of Rights → Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
Panama Canal Treaties → A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
___________ and Balances → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
Reaganomics → President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI) → President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs