5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Reconstruction Amendments
- Whip ______________ Now (WIN)
- Social Control Amendments
- a 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- b showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- c President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- d to approve or pass a law
- e 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
- Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
5 True/False Questions
Apartheid → an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.
Republic → to approve or pass a law
________ David Accords → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
Voting Amendments → 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
Panama Canal Treaties → Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________