5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Total Internal Reflection
- Concave Lens
- Alternating Current
- Electric Motor
- a An electric current that oscillates in direction
- b A machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy
- c Occurs when light within a material approaches a surface at a greater angle than the critical angle and reflects back
- d A protective device containing a conductor that melts under heat produced by an excess, thereby opening the circuit
- e A lens with a surface curved like the inner surface of a sphere
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A circuit in which there is a break so that current cannot flow.
- A lens with a surface that curves outward like the exterior of a sphere.
- The length of one complete cycle of a wave.
- The shift in frequency caused by the relative motion of the sound source and observer
- A schematic drawing of an electric circuit
5 True/False Questions
Reverberation → The bending of a wave as it travels across a boundary
Absorption → The bending of a wave as it travels across a boundary
Resonance → The measure of an objects ability to conduct electrical current; measured in Ohms
Longitudinal → Greatest speed attainable in nature
Formula to calculate the speed of a wave → P= IV