5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Opium War
- Golden Age
- Balance of Power
- a system that prevents any one country from dominating the others
- b "Lighting war", typed of fast-moving warfare used by German forces against Poland n 1939
- c Laws (no longer in effect) in South Africa that physically separated different races into different geographic areas.
- d any period (sometimes imaginary) of great peace and prosperity and happiness
- e A conflict between Britain and China in the mid-1800s over trade in China.
5 Multiple choice questions
- world war I alliance of Britian, France, and Russia, and later joined by Italy, the United States, and others.
- conservative, reactionary meeting, led by prince metternich, restore europe to prerevolution time
- British economist who pushed laissez-faire economics
- Emperor of India known for religious tolerance
- site of 1st Atomic Bomb, killing 70,000+ Japanease citizens
5 True/False questions
Great Purge → Beginning in 1934, Stalin's plan to eliminate all opposition to his Communist government.
Duma → An Indian soldier serving under British command.
Central Government → a radical sociopolitical movement in China c1966-71, led by Mao Zedong and characterized by military rule, terrorism, purges, restructuring of the educational system, etc.
Napoleon Bonaparte → any period (sometimes imaginary) of great peace and prosperity and happiness
Catherine the Great → This was the empress of Russia who continued Peter's goal to Westernizing Russia, created a new law code, and greatly expanded Russia