5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 38th Paralell
- Civil Disobedience
- Raw Materials
- coup d'etat
- a korea was divided at
- b political and spiritual leader during India's struggle with Great Britain for home rule
- c A sudden overthrow of the government by a small group
- d Something used by an industry to be processed into a more finished state.
- e refusal to obey unjust laws
5 Multiple choice questions
- a series of trials for the prosecution of the prominent leaders of Nazi Germany
- British statesman and leader during World War II
- descendents of Spanish-born BUT born in Latin America; resented inferior social, political, economic status
- system that prevents any one country from dominating the others
- document that gave England a government based on a system of laws and a freely elected parliament
5 True/False questions
Battle of Britain → Another name for the Enlightenment
Opium War → A conflict between Britain and China in the mid-1800s over trade in China.
Voltaire → French writer who was the embodiment of 18th century Enlightenment (1694-1778)
trench Warfare → type of fighting in which both sides dig trenches and attempt to overrun the enemy's trenches
Chinese Communist Revolution → A political revolution in China led by Mao Zedong. After several years of fighting the Kuomintang, the communists won control of the country in 1949.