5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Balance of Power
- trench Warfare
- Social Dawinism
- Iron Curtain
- a a political barrier that isolated the peoples of Eatern Europe after WWII, restricting their ability to travel outside the region
- b type of fighting in which both sides dig trenches and attempt to overrun the enemy's trenches
- c Certain cultures should dominate others through the belief in survival of the fittest
- d system that prevents any one country from dominating the others
- e Irish terrorist group aimed at kicking the British off their island
5 Multiple choice questions
- airlift in 1948 that supplied food and fuel to citizens of west Berlin when the Russians closed off land access to Berlin
- A political revolution in China led by Mao Zedong. After several years of fighting the Kuomintang, the communists won control of the country in 1949.
- political and spiritual leader during India's struggle with Great Britain for home rule
- russian emperor
- French writer who was the embodiment of 18th century Enlightenment (1694-1778)
5 True/False questions
Apartheid → Laws (no longer in effect) in South Africa that physically separated different races into different geographic areas.
Soviet Union → A Communist nation, consisting of Russia and 14 other states, that existed from 1922 to 1991.
Zulu → native African tribe that resisted Boers' migration
Russo-Japanese War → the cold war conflict in which UN soliders fought to defend South Korea from takeover by Communist North Korea, ending a stalemate in 1953
Mussolini → Began the revolt that eventually led to Haitian independence. Haiti becomes the first successful assault on colonial gov't.