5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Philip II
- Spanish Armada
- Cultural Revolution
- a the great fleet sent from Spain against England by Philip II in 1588
- b Laws (no longer in effect) in South Africa that physically separated different races into different geographic areas.
- c a radical sociopolitical movement in China c1966-71, led by Mao Zedong and characterized by military rule, terrorism, purges, restructuring of the educational system, etc.
- d English general and statesman who led the parliamentary army in the English Civil War (1599-1658)
- e king of Spain and Portugal and husband of Mary I
5 Multiple choice questions
- system that prevents any one country from dominating the others
- the idea that all humans are born with rights, which include the right to life, liberty, and property
- A Communist nation, consisting of Russia and 14 other states, that existed from 1922 to 1991.
- airlift in 1948 that supplied food and fuel to citizens of west Berlin when the Russians closed off land access to Berlin
- This lowest social class included serfs and freemen.
5 True/False questions
Cardinal Richelieu → This was the man who influenced the power of King Louis XIII the most and tried to make France an absolute monarchy
Stalin → Russian leader who succeeded Lenin as head of the Communist Party and created a totalitarian state by purging all opposition (1879-1953)
British East India Company → A Communist nation, consisting of Russia and 14 other states, that existed from 1922 to 1991.
Sepoy → Irish terrorist group aimed at kicking the British off their island
Berlin Wall → a wall separating East and West Berlin built by East Germany in 1961 to keep citizens from escaping to the West