← WH Review II Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Spanish Armada
- Irish Potato Famine
- Iron Curtain
- Axis Powers
- a The potato crops in Ireland became diseased and the Irish starved. Set off the immigration to the U.S.
- b the great fleet sent from Spain against England by Philip II in 1588
- c Began the revolt that eventually led to Haitian independence. Haiti becomes the first successful assault on colonial gov't.
- d in World War II, the nations of Germany, Italy, and Japan, which had formed an alliance in 1936.
- e a political barrier that isolated the peoples of Eatern Europe after WWII, restricting their ability to travel outside the region
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Lighting war", typed of fast-moving warfare used by German forces against Poland n 1939
- murder for a political reason
- A conflict between Britain and China in the mid-1800s over trade in China.
- Irish terrorist group aimed at kicking the British off their island
- airlift in 1948 that supplied food and fuel to citizens of west Berlin when the Russians closed off land access to Berlin
5 True/False Questions
The Social Contract → A Communist nation, consisting of Russia and 14 other states, that existed from 1922 to 1991.
Zulu → Russian Parliament
Boxer Rebellion → A 1900 Uprising in China aimed at ending foreign influence in the country.
Cromwell → a wall separating East and West Berlin built by East Germany in 1961 to keep citizens from escaping to the West
genocide → systematic killing of a racial or cultural group