5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Social Darwinism
- Victorian Period
- Reader Response
- a No interpretation is right or wrong, each individual has a different interpretation (within reason, text limits possibilities),text is not finished until it is read and interpreted
- b competition among people classes in progress, the strong survive and the weak die
- c experience of objects
- d period of time designated by the reign of Queen Victoria (1837-1901)
- e an overview of rhythm and meter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the philosophical principle that an idea or event (thesis) creates its opposite (antithesis) and leads to a reconciliation of opposites (synthesis).
- Form of verse to be sung or recited and characterized by its presentation of a dramatic or exciting episode or simple narrative
- Uses relationship between the era, time, location, economical and societal circumstances, and the artist. Looks at social, economical, and political values expressed in a work.
- policy based on the idea that government should play as small a role as possible in the economy
- Analyzes and evaluates literature on how the view women. Bring attention to sexist views in hopes of eliminating them.
5 True/False Questions
unstressed syllable → U
Psychological → Because of modern psychology, literature is and expression of psychological concerns or development of either the author or the intended audience. Literature reflects the psyche and provides insight into ourselves.
Formalist → Influential type of sociological criticism. Content of a work determines form. All art is political
Lyric → brief subjective poem worked strongly by imagination, melody, and emotion, creating a single unified impression
Bildungsroman → Novel that deals with the development of a young person, from adolescence to maturity