6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- was a document that stated the 13 American Colonies, who were at war with Great Britain, were now independent states. And thus, no longer apart of Great Britain. It was signed by the Continental Congress, and the principal author was Thomas Jefferson.
- served as the first of the president of the US and often called the Father of America. He was also the Commander of the Continental Army during the American Revolution.
- were a select team of men from the colonial militia during the American Revolution. Generally younger and more mobile from as early as 1645. These men were no more than 30 years old.
- was the third president of the United States and one of the most influential Founding Fathers. He was the named the Principal Author of the Declaration. He was an inventor, architect, paleontologist, founder of the University of Virginia and many other things.
- famous early pioneer who cleared Wilderness Road, a new route to the west. Wilderness Road became the main route used to cross the Appalachian Mountains.
- a law enacted by government that requires a tax to be paid on the transfer of certain documents. The Stamp Act was considered upsetting to some people. Those that pay the tax receive an official stamp on their documents. A variety of products have covered by stamp acts including playing cards, patent medicines, mortgages, contracts and newspapers. These items often have to be physically stamped by the government following payment of the duty.
5 True/False Questions
Paul Revere → were a select team of men from the colonial militia during the American Revolution. Generally younger and more mobile from as early as 1645. These men were no more than 30 years old.
Boston Massacre → was an action from the colonists in Boston, a town in the British colony of Massachusetts, which was against the British government. After officials in Boston refused to return three shiploads of tea to Britain, on December 16th, 1773 a group of colonists boarded the ships and destroyed all the tea by pouring it into the Boston Harbor.
Louisiana Purchase → Sent on an expedition by Jefferson to gather information on the United States' new land and map a route to the Pacific. They kept very careful maps and records of this new land acquired from the Louisiana Purchase.
George III → was the king of England in the 1770's. He was quite stubborn and did not want to help the colonists. Though he was a good man he was not a good ruler. He lost all of the 13 American colonies and caused America to start to gain its freedom.
John Hancock → was a statesmen, merchant and Patriot of the American Revolution. He was the first to sign the Declaration and is clearly remembered for his famous signature on it. He was one of the leaders during the American Revolution in 1775. He was very wealthy before the war.