5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- temporary magnet made by passing an electric current through a wire coiled around an iron bar
- The process by which moving a wire through a magnetic field produces an electric current
- the force that causes magnets to pull on objects that are made of certain metals, such as iron
- attached to the armature in a motor; changes the direction of the electric current
- a current-carrying coil of wire with many loops that acts as a magnet
5 True/False questions
direct current → Electrical current that flows in only one direction through a wire
magnetic poles → A group of atoms whose magnetic fields are aligned
galvanometer → a device used to measure electrical current.
generator → attached to the armature in a motor; changes the direction of the electric current
transformer → A device that can increase or decrease the voltage of an alternating current.