5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A group of atoms whose magnetic fields are aligned
- A device that can increase or decrease the voltage of an alternating current.
- a device used to measure electrical current.
- attached to the armature in a motor; changes the direction of the electric current
- a large wheel with blades that rotates and provides mechanical energy to a generator
5 True/False Questions
electromagnet → a device that contains a rotating electromagnet that changes electrical energy to mechanical energy
magnetic field → the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle
solenoid → a current-carrying coil of wire with many loops that acts as a magnet
alternating current → current in which electrons constantly change direction at a regular rate
electric motor → temporary magnet made by passing an electric current through a wire coiled around an iron bar