5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- the force that causes magnets to pull on objects that are made of certain metals, such as iron
- A device that can increase or decrease the voltage of an alternating current.
- a machine that changes mechanical energy into electric power
- the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle
- Electrical current that flows in only one direction through a wire
5 True/False questions
alternating current → current in which electrons constantly change direction at a regular rate
galvanometer → a device used to measure electrical current.
turbine → the force that causes magnets to pull on objects that are made of certain metals, such as iron
magnetic domains → A group of atoms whose magnetic fields are aligned
electromagnet → a device that contains a rotating electromagnet that changes electrical energy to mechanical energy