5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Wagner Act
- Similarities between Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin
- Integration of Central High (1957 or Little rock 9)
- Where the United States initially started fighting in WWII
- US was hesitant to support Ho Chi Minh because
- a Though Ho Chi Minh asked the United States for support, the United States was hesitant because Ho Chi Minh had communist leanings, allying Ho Chi Minh would mean the United States was Allied against the French, and finally the Vietminh in South Vietnam were very violent and murderous.
- b It established a minimum wage, a maximum number of hours, and the better ability of unions to be able to bargain collectively.
- c As the Little Rock Nine begin to integrate (after Brown v Board of Education that knocked down separate but equal which had been established as legal precedent under Plessy v Ferguson), the Little Rock Nine face violence. Governor Faubus sends in the National Guard to prevent them from integrating the school. Eisenhower sends in the 101st Airborne to integrate the school.
- d Were totalitarian rulers, meaning they controlled the media, produced propaganda, had cults of personality, etc. They militarized their countries and promised economic growth through expansion of the government. Hitler and Mussolini were fascist. Stalin was communist/Marxist.
- e Africa moving up through Italy and in the Pacific
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Underdogs overcoming obstacles, against all odds, anything that would make people feel happier or anything that emphasized American strength and victory in past and present.
- At his first Inaugural Address on March 4, 1933. The speech was delivered in Washington, D.C., outside the Capitol Building. By saying this, FDR hoped to dissuade Americans from withdrawing money from banks and reassure their fears as the depression got worse.
- When and where did Martin Luther King deliver his "I have a Dream" speech
- The amphibious invasion of the beaches of Normandy commanded by Dwight D. Eisenhower. This invasion was the first step in the Allied plan to liberate Europe.
- Similarities between Black Panthers, the Weathermen, and the Brown Berets
5 True/False Questions
Containment → Success in the Vietnam war was measured by
Pentagon Papers, the My Lai Massacre, the killings at Kent State and Jackson State → They revealed that the government had frequently misled the American people about the course of the war. Turned public opinion against Vietnam.
Bataan Death March → Was the relocation of Allied POWs to prison camps in the Philippines.
Reasons the Feminist Movement fragmented → Movement called for a renewal of American Indian Culture and recognition of American Indian's rights, and recognition of past injustices/violated treaties. Though not originally the GOAL of the movement, it became militant, involving the occupations of Alcatraz and Wounded Knee.
Founder of the SNCC → It established a minimum wage, a maximum number of hours, and the better ability of unions to be able to bargain collectively.