A man who received honor and land in exchange for serving a lord as a soldier.
The years between ancient and modern times.
Referring to the Middle Ages.
A system in which land was owned by kings and lords but helped by vassals in return for their loyalty.
A large estate, often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
A farm worker considered part of the manor on which he or she worked.
1. The middle ages were in between ancient and modern times.
Identify Cause and Effect
3. feudalism is a system in which land was owned by kings or lords but held by vassals in return for their loyalty.
4. The system worked by nobles who gave a share of land to each of their vassals.
5. A manor was organized by being self- sufficient. And the manors had to help the king. They would be judges and collect taxes.
6. They produced a variety of goods because they can only have so much food, and the rest can only go to the king.
7. The relationship was that they basically need permission to do things, like getting married. And the serfs couldn't leave them what so ever.
8. A serf can become free by escaping for one whole year and a day without being caught.