5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- special courts
- amicus curiae
- court in conference
- appellate court
- a filed by persons who are not actual parties in a case
- b to review a lower court's actions and decisions to determine if they followed the law
- c hear a much narrower range of cases
- d refers to a meeting of the full court to discuss cases they have heard in oral argument
- e higher court sends a case back down to a lower court
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- makes a judgement based on facts of case
- "list of cases a court is going to hear"
- "cases heard in ONLY federal courts"
- "Rule" by which SC
- woman in SC
5 True/False Questions
clarence thomas → "let the decision stand"
dissenting opinion → emphasize certain points not made earlier
concurrent jurisdiction → "cases heard in ONLY federal courts"
constitutional courts → hear a much narrower range of cases
JP stevens → higher court sends a case back down to a lower court