5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- exclusive jurisdiction
- inferior courts
- writ of certiorari
- appellate court
- trial court
- a to review a lower court's actions and decisions to determine if they followed the law
- b federal courts beneath SC
- c "cases heard in ONLY federal courts"
- d "to be made more certain"
- e makes a judgement based on facts of case
5 Multiple choice questions
- hear a much narrower range of cases
- newest member of SC
- higher court sends a case back down to a lower court
- "Rule" by which SC
- Court's opinion on a case
5 True/False questions
concurrent jurisdiction → "cases heard in ONLY federal courts"
clarence thomas → bush 41 appointee to SC
ruth ginsburg → Clinton appointee to SC
court in conference → refers to a meeting of the full court to discuss cases they have heard in oral argument
JP stevens → longest serving in SC