5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- JP stevens
- rule of four
- ruth ginsburg
- writ of certiorari
- dissenting opinion
- a Clinton appointee to SC
- b "Rule" by which SC
- c written by justices who do not agree with the decision of the Court
- d "to be made more certain"
- e longest serving in SC
5 Multiple choice questions
- "list of cases a court is going to hear"
- federal courts beneath SC
- emphasize certain points not made earlier
- "cases heard in either federal or state courts
- to review a lower court's actions and decisions to determine if they followed the law
5 True/False questions
clarence thomas → African-American in SC
stare decisis → makes a judgement based on facts of case
exclusive jurisdiction → "cases heard in either federal or state courts
majority opinion → emphasize certain points not made earlier
remand → "list of cases a court is going to hear"