5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Doubling Time
- a United Nations- an organization of independent states formed in 1945 to promote international peace and security
- b dark, upper layer of soil made up of partially decayed plant material
- c Gross Domestic Product- total value of the goods and services produced within a country per person, excluding transactions with other countries.
- d removal of minerals from soil by water as it moves downward through the soil. leaching occurs in wet climates
- e the time required for a population to double in size
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a factor that draws or attracts people to another location
- Canadian International Development Agency
• Established 1968
• Canada gave financial support to developing countries
- layer of permanently frozen subsoil in the tundra
- the annual rate of population growth
- A number of new Canadians who have immigrated here from another country per 1000 people of Canada's population.
5 True/False Questions
Overfishing → removal of minerals from soil by water as it moves downward through the soil. leaching occurs in wet climates
Basic Industries → Industries that sell their products primarily to consumers in the community. This does not bring money into the community
Net Migration Rate → difference between immigrants and emmigrants per 1,000 ppl
Loam → surface layer of Earth, composed of mineral and organic materials, air and water
Tree Line → boundary between the Tundra and the Boreal Forest Zone. North of this line it is too cold for trees to grow.