5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Martin Luther King Jr
- Federal highway Act of 1956
- William Taft
- Banning of Nuclear Tests
- GI Bill
- a law passed in 1944 to help returning veterans buy homes and pay for higher educations
- b Taft broke with progressives on tariff and conservation issues. Had support of Roosevselt.
- c This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- d The Intermidiate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty was the first treaty to call for the destruction of nuclear weapons. Marked the begining to the end of the Cold War. Signed by Reagan and soviet leader, Gorbachev.
- e became the spokesperson for the Montgomery bus boycott, AfricanAmerican civil rights leader, Main Civil Rights Leader. Supported Peaceful protests and Love
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Pushed for a double victory: victory over segregation and war.
- Desegregation started in WWII but they were still set into segregated fighting groups. Complete desegregation was reached during the Cold War.
- 1941-Pledge signed by US president FDR and British prime minister Winston Churchill not to acquire new territory as a result of WWII amd to work for peace after the war
- Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
- They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
5 True/False Questions
Dustbowl → law passed in 1944 to help returning veterans buy homes and pay for higher educations
Fundamentalism → economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.
social Darwinism → Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
Public Works Administration → Part of the first new deal. It begins spedning over 3 billlion on public works such as highways, dams and public buildings.
Central powers During WWI → Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria