5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Public Works Administration
- Causes of the Great Depression
- African Americans during WWII
- a name given to the are of souther Great Plains severely damaged by droughts and dust storms during the 1930's.
- b Pushed for a double victory: victory over segregation and war.
- c The residential districts or suburbs outside the boundaries of a city or town. Dramatically increased in size after WW2.
- d Stock market crash; consumer debt and spending
Long Range CAuses
- e Part of the first new deal. It begins spedning over 3 billlion on public works such as highways, dams and public buildings.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- became the spokesperson for the Montgomery bus boycott, AfricanAmerican civil rights leader, Main Civil Rights Leader. Supported Peaceful protests and Love
- economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.
- They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
- the treaty imposed on Germany by the Allied powers in 1920 after the end of World War I which demanded exorbitant reparations from the Germans
5 True/False questions
Voting Rights Act of 1965 → This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
Hoovervilles → camps built outside of major cities by people who had lost their homes during the great depression called hoovervilles because the people blamed pre. hoover foe their situition
Fundamentalism → economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.
New Deal Voting Coalition → made it illegal for employers to pay female workers less than men for the same job
John Kennedy's Inauguration → African Americans, Women and laborers. , White South now became just one part of new deal voting coalition that included farmers, industrial workers, African Americans, new immigrants, ethnic minorities, women, progressives, and intellectuals.
Eleanor Roosevelt brought about change in African American and Women's vote as she emphasized strong sympathies toward African Americans on her tours of country.