5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Federal highway Act of 1956
- Defense Spending Since 1990's
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Central powers During WWI
- a a law designed to help end formal and informal barriers to African American suffrage. Under the law, hundreds of thousands of African Americans were registered and the number of African American elected officials increased dramatically.
- b This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- c Incident where President Eisenhower sent federal troops to allow black students into the high school.
- d They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
- e Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- made it illegal for employers to pay female workers less than men for the same job
- The residential districts or suburbs outside the boundaries of a city or town. Dramatically increased in size after WW2.
- Desegregation started in WWII but they were still set into segregated fighting groups. Complete desegregation was reached during the Cold War.
- economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.
- name given to the are of souther Great Plains severely damaged by droughts and dust storms during the 1930's.
5 True/False Questions
Treaty of Versailles → the treaty imposed on Germany by the Allied powers in 1920 after the end of World War I which demanded exorbitant reparations from the Germans
Martin Luther King Jr → became the spokesperson for the Montgomery bus boycott, AfricanAmerican civil rights leader, Main Civil Rights Leader. Supported Peaceful protests and Love
Atlantic Charter → 1941-Pledge signed by US president FDR and British prime minister Winston Churchill not to acquire new territory as a result of WWII amd to work for peace after the war
Public Works Administration → Incident where President Eisenhower sent federal troops to allow black students into the high school.
New Deal Voting Coalition → African Americans, Women and laborers. , White South now became just one part of new deal voting coalition that included farmers, industrial workers, African Americans, new immigrants, ethnic minorities, women, progressives, and intellectuals.
Eleanor Roosevelt brought about change in African American and Women's vote as she emphasized strong sympathies toward African Americans on her tours of country.