5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Federal highway Act of 1956
- Defense Spending Since 1990's
- African Americans during WWII
- a name given to the are of souther Great Plains severely damaged by droughts and dust storms during the 1930's.
- b Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
- c This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- d Pushed for a double victory: victory over segregation and war.
- e They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Part of the first new deal. It begins spedning over 3 billlion on public works such as highways, dams and public buildings.
- Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You
- reaction against laissez-faire economics and its emhasis on an unregulated market. Progressives believed that industrialization and urbanization had created many social problems. Belonged to both major political parties. Strong faith in schience and technology.
- Stock market crash; consumer debt and spending
Long Range CAuses
- The Intermidiate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty was the first treaty to call for the destruction of nuclear weapons. Marked the begining to the end of the Cold War. Signed by Reagan and soviet leader, Gorbachev.
5 True/False questions
Suburbia → The residential districts or suburbs outside the boundaries of a city or town. Dramatically increased in size after WW2.
Atlantic Charter → 1941-Pledge signed by US president FDR and British prime minister Winston Churchill not to acquire new territory as a result of WWII amd to work for peace after the war
social Darwinism → Idea od the Guilded Age. Strongly reinforced the idea of individualism. "Survival of the fittest". Social Darwinisma lso paralleled the economic doctrine on laissez-faire that opposed any government programs that interfered with buisness.
Voting Rights Act of 1965 → a law designed to help end formal and informal barriers to African American suffrage. Under the law, hundreds of thousands of African Americans were registered and the number of African American elected officials increased dramatically.
New Deal Voting Coalition → 1941-Pledge signed by US president FDR and British prime minister Winston Churchill not to acquire new territory as a result of WWII amd to work for peace after the war