5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Banning of Nuclear Tests
- Public Works Administration
- Martin Luther King Jr
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- a Incident where President Eisenhower sent federal troops to allow black students into the high school.
- b Belief that Bible should be taken literally. Longest lastin gof challenges to new urban culture. Many americans felt alienated from city life, science, and modernization.
- c Part of the first new deal. It begins spedning over 3 billlion on public works such as highways, dams and public buildings.
- d became the spokesperson for the Montgomery bus boycott, AfricanAmerican civil rights leader, Main Civil Rights Leader. Supported Peaceful protests and Love
- e The Intermidiate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty was the first treaty to call for the destruction of nuclear weapons. Marked the begining to the end of the Cold War. Signed by Reagan and soviet leader, Gorbachev.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria
- African Americans, Women and laborers. , White South now became just one part of new deal voting coalition that included farmers, industrial workers, African Americans, new immigrants, ethnic minorities, women, progressives, and intellectuals.
Eleanor Roosevelt brought about change in African American and Women's vote as she emphasized strong sympathies toward African Americans on her tours of country.
- This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
- made it illegal for employers to pay female workers less than men for the same job
5 True/False Questions
Causes of the Great Depression → Stock market crash; consumer debt and spending
Long Range CAuses
Atlantic Charter → 1941-Pledge signed by US president FDR and British prime minister Winston Churchill not to acquire new territory as a result of WWII amd to work for peace after the war
Economy during 1970's & 1980's → They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
Dustbowl → law passed in 1944 to help returning veterans buy homes and pay for higher educations
Hoovervilles → economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.