5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- social Darwinism
- Banning of Nuclear Tests
- Treaty of Versailles
- Causes of the Great Depression
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- a The Intermidiate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty was the first treaty to call for the destruction of nuclear weapons. Marked the begining to the end of the Cold War. Signed by Reagan and soviet leader, Gorbachev.
- b the treaty imposed on Germany by the Allied powers in 1920 after the end of World War I which demanded exorbitant reparations from the Germans
- c Idea od the Guilded Age. Strongly reinforced the idea of individualism. "Survival of the fittest". Social Darwinisma lso paralleled the economic doctrine on laissez-faire that opposed any government programs that interfered with buisness.
- d a law designed to help end formal and informal barriers to African American suffrage. Under the law, hundreds of thousands of African Americans were registered and the number of African American elected officials increased dramatically.
- e Stock market crash; consumer debt and spending
Long Range CAuses
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pushed for a double victory: victory over segregation and war.
- This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- The blockade was a Soviet attempt to starve out the allies in Berlin in order to gain supremacy. The blockade was a high point in the Cold War, and it led to the Berlin Airlift.
- economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.
- Desegregation started in WWII but they were still set into segregated fighting groups. Complete desegregation was reached during the Cold War.
5 True/False questions
Hoovervilles → economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.
McCarthyism → Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
Progressives → reaction against laissez-faire economics and its emhasis on an unregulated market. Progressives believed that industrialization and urbanization had created many social problems. Belonged to both major political parties. Strong faith in schience and technology.
Atlantic Charter → Taft broke with progressives on tariff and conservation issues. Had support of Roosevselt.
Little Rock, Arkansas → Incident where President Eisenhower sent federal troops to allow black students into the high school.