5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Central powers During WWI
- Martin Luther King Jr
- Causes of the Great Depression
- Federal highway Act of 1956
- a Stock market crash; consumer debt and spending
Long Range CAuses
- b Incident where President Eisenhower sent federal troops to allow black students into the high school.
- c This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- d Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria
- e became the spokesperson for the Montgomery bus boycott, AfricanAmerican civil rights leader, Main Civil Rights Leader. Supported Peaceful protests and Love
5 Multiple choice questions
- made it illegal for employers to pay female workers less than men for the same job
- Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You
- The blockade was a Soviet attempt to starve out the allies in Berlin in order to gain supremacy. The blockade was a high point in the Cold War, and it led to the Berlin Airlift.
- camps built outside of major cities by people who had lost their homes during the great depression called hoovervilles because the people blamed pre. hoover foe their situition
- Part of the first new deal. It begins spedning over 3 billlion on public works such as highways, dams and public buildings.
5 True/False questions
World War I → a war between the allies (Russia, France, British Empire, Italy, United States, Japan, Rumania, Serbia, Belgium, Greece, Portugal, Montenegro) and the central powers (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Turkey, Bulgaria)
from 1914 to 1918, also known as the Great War, conflict, chiefly in Europe, among most of the great Western powers.
Militaris, imperialism and nationalism led to it.
New Deal Voting Coalition → 1941-Pledge signed by US president FDR and British prime minister Winston Churchill not to acquire new territory as a result of WWII amd to work for peace after the war
Imperialism → Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
social Darwinism → Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
Desegregation of US Troops → Desegregation started in WWII but they were still set into segregated fighting groups. Complete desegregation was reached during the Cold War.