5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Causes of the Great Depression
- Public Works Administration
- Equal Pay Act
- Federal highway Act of 1956
- Treaty of Versailles
- a Part of the first new deal. It begins spedning over 3 billlion on public works such as highways, dams and public buildings.
- b This act, an accomplishment of the Eisenhower administration, authorized $25 billion for a ten- year project that built over 40,000 miles of interstate highways. This was the largest public works project in American history.
- c Stock market crash; consumer debt and spending
Long Range CAuses
- d made it illegal for employers to pay female workers less than men for the same job
- e the treaty imposed on Germany by the Allied powers in 1920 after the end of World War I which demanded exorbitant reparations from the Germans
5 Multiple choice questions
- They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
- The Intermidiate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty was the first treaty to call for the destruction of nuclear weapons. Marked the begining to the end of the Cold War. Signed by Reagan and soviet leader, Gorbachev.
- a war between the allies (Russia, France, British Empire, Italy, United States, Japan, Rumania, Serbia, Belgium, Greece, Portugal, Montenegro) and the central powers (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Turkey, Bulgaria)
from 1914 to 1918, also known as the Great War, conflict, chiefly in Europe, among most of the great Western powers.
Militaris, imperialism and nationalism led to it.
- The blockade was a Soviet attempt to starve out the allies in Berlin in order to gain supremacy. The blockade was a high point in the Cold War, and it led to the Berlin Airlift.
- Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
5 True/False questions
GI Bill → law passed in 1944 to help returning veterans buy homes and pay for higher educations
New Deal Voting Coalition → African Americans, Women and laborers. , White South now became just one part of new deal voting coalition that included farmers, industrial workers, African Americans, new immigrants, ethnic minorities, women, progressives, and intellectuals.
Eleanor Roosevelt brought about change in African American and Women's vote as she emphasized strong sympathies toward African Americans on her tours of country.
Little Rock, Arkansas → Incident where President Eisenhower sent federal troops to allow black students into the high school.
John Kennedy's Inauguration → Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You
Dustbowl → law passed in 1944 to help returning veterans buy homes and pay for higher educations