5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sheila Gamberoni
- Janelle Battle
- Chankara Troupe
- Harlem Renaissance
- Raul Ramirez
- a loves to paint, does not want to be stereotyped as by his culture
- b refuses to be stuck in an abusive cycle, like her sister
- c is rebelling against her family, feels like she doesn't belong
- d Overweight, wants people to see her beyond her weight. "I am coconut"
- e a movement of African-American culture in literature, art, dance and music during the 1920's.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- thinks that she is ugly, loves fashion and sewing
- The Great Depression added economic pressure to organizations that supported the Harlem Renaissance, like the NAACP.
- wants to be considered a "bad boy" but loves the Harlem Renaissance, wants a future
- English teacher who inspires his students
- very poor, looked at as a preacher man, wants to be a teacher
5 True/False Questions
Amy Moscowitz → considers her beauty a struggle
Devon Hope → is a very good basketball player, but also likes to read
Raynard Patterson → Overweight, wants people to see her beyond her weight. "I am coconut"
Porscha Johnson → is very tall, plays basketball because her father wants her to, loves to paint
Steve Ericson → wants to be considered a "bad boy" but loves the Harlem Renaissance, wants a future