5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tyrone Bittings
- Diondra Jordan
- Jazz and Blues
- Decline of the Harlem Renaissance
- Devon Hope
- a The "main character" or "tour guide" of the book
- b is a very good basketball player, but also likes to read
- c is very tall, plays basketball because her father wants her to, loves to paint
- d The Great Depression added economic pressure to organizations that supported the Harlem Renaissance, like the NAACP.
- e music that became popular during the Harlem Renaissance. Performed at the Apollo and Cotton Club.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Overweight, wants people to see her beyond her weight. "I am coconut"
- has dyslexia, loves the saxaphone
- her mother died of cancer, became friends with Porscha
- African-American daily life, discrimination and racism, roots in Africa.
- thinks that she is ugly, loves fashion and sewing
5 True/False questions
Poets of the Harlem Renaissance → Langston Hughes, Zora Neale Hurston, Countee Cullen
Harlem Renaissance → a movement of African-American culture in literature, art, dance and music during the 1920's.
Gloria Martinez → is balancing being a single mother with going to school full time
Mr. Ward → is a very good basketball player, but also likes to read
Raul Ramirez → loves to paint, does not want to be stereotyped as by his culture