5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- temperate grassland
- lytic cycle
- a (C) a single-ring nitrogenous base found in DNA and RNA
- b a grassland region maintained by seasonal drought, occasional fires, and grazing by large mammals
- c random movement in response to a stimulus
- d a type of viral replication cycle resulting in the release of a new viruses by lysis (breaking open) of the host cell.
- e a mutualistic association of plant roots and fungi
5 Multiple choice questions
- the offspring of parents of two different species or of two different varieties of one species; the offspring of two parents that differ in one or more inherited traits; an individual that is heterozygous for one or more pairs of genes
- on a tRNA molecule, a specific sequence of three nucleotides that is complimentary to a codon triplet on mRNA.
- a bony fish having fins supported by thin, flexible skeletal rays, All but one living species of bony fishes are ray-fins.
- in classification, the taxonomic category above species; the first part of a species' binomial; for example, Homo
- an approach to restoration ecology that uses organisms to add essential materials to a degraded ecosystem
5 True/False questions
homeotic gene → having two identical alleles for a given gene
dorsal → a free-living, sexually immature form in some animal life cycles that may differ from the adult in morphology, nutrition, and habitat.
biodiversity crisis → one of the three main parts of a mollusc, containing most of the internal organs.
mutation → a change in the nucleotide sequence of DNA; the ultimate source of genetic diversity
peptidoglycan → having two different alleles for a given gene