← Biology Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ray-finned fish
- genomic library
- a rock formed of layered, fossilized, bacterial mats
- b a set of DNA segments from an organism's genome; each segment is usually carried by plasmid or phage
- c a bony fish having fins supported by thin, flexible skeletal rays, All but one living species of bony fishes are ray-fins.
- d a two-part, latinized name of a species; for example, Homo sapiens (normally italicized)
- e the first hominids; scavenger-gatherer-hunters who lived on African savannas between about 4.4 million years ago and 1.5 million years ago
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a nonliving component of an ecosystem, such as air, water, or temperature
- member of the clade of "true animals," the animals with true tissues (all animals except sponges).
- a hard, external skeleton that protects an animal and provides points of attachment for muscles.
- the body framework of the head.
- a series of molecular changes that converts a signal on a target cell's surface to a specific response inside the cell
5 True/False Questions
pleiotropy → the control of more than one phenotypic characteristic by a single gene
temperate zones → a terrestrial biome characterized by warm temperatures year-round
bird → a group of reptiles with feathers and adaptations for flight.
proteomics → the study of whole sets of proteins and their interactions
segmentation → subdivision along the length of an animal body into a series of repeated parts called segments.