← Biology Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- horseshoe crab
- radiometric dating
- forensic science
- a an animal that eats only plants or algae
- b one of a group of invertebrate chordates.
- c a bottom-dwelling marine chelicerate, a member of the phylum Arthropoda.
- d a method for determining the age of fossils and rocks from the ratio of a radioactive isotope to the nonradioactive isotope(s) of the same element in the sample
- e the scientific analysis of evidence for crime scene and other investigations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an individual who is heterozygous for a recessively inherited disorder and who therefore does not show symptoms of that disorder
- a symbiotic relationship in which the parasite, a type of predator, lives within or on the surface of a host, from which it derives its food
- a protist that lives primarily by ingesting food; a heterotrophic, animal-like protist
- (C) a single-ring nitrogenous base found in DNA and RNA
- a type of mimicry in which a species that a predator can eat looks like a different species that is poisonous or otherwise harmful to the predator
5 True/False Questions
primary succession → a type of ecological succession in which a biological community arises in an area without soil
speciation → the evolution of a new species
mutagen → a chemical or physical agent that interacts with DNA and causes a mutation.
photoheterotroph → an organism that obtains energy from sunlight and carbon from organic sources
gene cloning → the production of multiple copies of a gene