7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a skin darkening pigment; stains the surrounding cells, causing them to darken
- the surface area of epidermis. Composed of 30 layers of dead, flattened keratinized cells.
- associated with hair follicles and found in the axillary and genital areas. Respond to emotional stress and become active when the person is frightened, upset, in pain or sexually excited. They are stimulated by sex hormones and are more active during puberty. Sweat doesn't have a strong odor unless allowed to stay on skin, where it is degraded by bacteria into chemicals and produces BO.
- the most numerous and widely distributed of the sweat glands. Located throughout the body. Numerous on forehead, neck, back, upper lip, palms and soles. Not associated with hair follicles.
- The same as the integument. Has 2 layers - epidermis and dermis.
- outer layer of the skin
6 True/False questions
radiation → heat is lost from a warm object to the cooler air currounding the warm object.
integument → the skin or ctaneous membrane and is considered an organ.
evaporation → occurs when liquid becomes a gas. ie. rub liquid alcohol on the skin. It evaporates and cools the skin.
convection → the loss of heat from a warm body to a cooler object in contact with the warm body.
stratum germinativum → the surface area of epidermis. Composed of 30 layers of dead, flattened keratinized cells.
dermis → outer layer of the skin