• Place starch solution in a testube.
• Add same amount of water.
• Add Iodine to the solution.
• Starch is present if solution turns blue-black.
• Place glucose solution in a testube.
• Add Benedict's solution.
• Sugar is present if solution turns orange-red.
• Mash up food to make a paste of it.
• Add 10% Sodium Hydroxide solution.
• Add 1% Copper Sulphate solution.
• Violet colour indicates Protein is present.
• Smear food to a piece of paper
• Face the paper to a source of light
• Translucency indicates fat.
Heat Energy » Chemical Energy Conversion
• Place Thermometer in a testube with boiling water.
• Place crisp in a mounted needle.
• Set fire on the crisp and place unde the testube
• The rise of temperature indicates Heat energy » Chemical energy conversion
Action of Amylase in Starch
• Place Saliva and Starch in each tube and shake.
• Place tubes in 37° water for 15 minutes.
• Test for Iodine in Saliva testube = no change (no more Starch)
• Test for Sugar in Starch testube = orange-red colour (sugar is present)