5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Four nitrogen bases
- Daughter cells
- Guinine pairs with
- Interphase stage
- Adenine pairs with
- a Period before cell division occurs. Grows to mature size, produces structures to carry out its function and makes a copy of its DNA.
- b adenine, thymine, guanine and cytosine.
- c Thymine
- d Cytosine
- e The cells resulting from cell division - each has a copy of DNA.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The phase of mitosis in which the centromeres split, the chromatids separate and move toward opposite ends of the cell on the spindle fiber.
- The second stage of cell division in which the nucleus divides into two new nuclei.
- Cell plate gradually develops across the middle of the cell.
- interphase, mitosis and cytokinesis. (IMC)
- Made of pairs of molecules called nitrogen bases
5 True/False Questions
Cytokinesis stage → The final stage of the cell cycle in which the cytoplasm divides distributing the organelles into each of the two cells.
Chromatid → A doubled rod of condensed chromatin; contains DNA that carries genetic information.
Cell cycle → the regular sequence of growth and division that cells undergo.
# of phases in mitosis → Cell plate gradually develops across the middle of the cell.
shortest stage → interphase