5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nuclear membrane
- a the job that structures are designed to do.
- b break down waste material inside a cell, found in animal cells only.
- c surrounds and protects the nucleus, functions to allow certain materials in and out of the nucleus, found in plant and animal cells.
- d chemical process by which plants use light energy to make sugar from water and carbon dioxide.
- e use the energy of the sun to produce their own food (plants).
5 Multiple choice questions
- a group of organisms that can mate and produce offspring that in turn can produce more offspring.
- the parts of a cell.
- chemical reaction that combines water and carbon dioxide to make glucose - the simple sugar plants use as food, happens only in plant cells.
- tough outer barrier that protects plant cells and give them shape, functions like the security fence, found only in plant cells.
- a type of symbiosis that occurs when an organism called a parasite feeds on the cells, tissues, or fluids of another organism call a host.
5 True/False questions
Food Chain → a system of several overlapping food chains.
ribosome → break down waste material inside a cell, found in animal cells only.
Food Web → traces the path of energy as it moves from one organism to the next in an ecosystem.
vacuole → the basic building blocks of all organisms. Within cells the basic functions of organisms (converting food into energy and getting rid of waste) are carried out.
organelle → a living thing.