5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- why women commit less crimes
- popular culture.
- a the deliberate termination of pregnancy
- b The world applies more stringent normative controls to
women; social acceptance of deviance.
The behaviour of women and men is judged differently
- c STANDARDS by which people who share culture define what is desirable, good, and beautiful
- d charges that ppl are too quick to apply the label of mental illness to conditions that simply amount to a difference we dont like - abandon the idea of mental illness entirely
- e Cultural patterns that are widespread among a society's population are referred to as:
5 Multiple choice questions
- status that has special importance for social identify, often shaping a person's entire life eg president
- the attempt to discourage criminality through use of punishment
- The fact that almost 22% of married men and 14% of married women are sexually unfaithful to their spouses is an example of the ______ culture, while the fact that most
adults acknowledge the importance of sexual fidelity, is an example of the ______ culture.
- distinguish between right and wrong EG INCEST
- What did the experiments on social isolation among rhesus monkeys show?
5 True/False questions
multiculturalism → DIFFERERNT IDEAS among human beings around the world about what is polite and rude, beautiful and ugly, pleasant and repulsive, are expressions of:
Hate Crimes: → usually motivated by racial or other bias
juvenile delinquency → is the violation of legal standards by the young
innovation → May resort to illegitimate means (e.g.,
crime -prostitution, drug dealing, student term paper mills)
canadian women → earn 70.5% as much as men - and have the majority of all bachelor's & master's degrees - increased # in politics