5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nonverbal communication
- George Murdock's research:
- a body movements, gestures, and facial expressions.
- b in most preindustrial societies, hunting and warfare
fall to men and domestic duties to women, but beyond this pattern societies showed variation in tasks.
- c personal traits and social positions that
members of a society attach to being male or female;
largely a product of cultural socialization and distinction.
- d cultural patterns that set apart a segment of a society's population. eg nerds
- e Strong social attachments encourage
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1980 in the marxist tradition - argues that deviant labels are applied to ppl who interfere with the operation of capitalism
- the presence of observers prompts police to take stronger control of a situation
- Peter Berger characterized the sociological perspective - he meant that sociology help us: see general patterns in the behaviour of particular people
- refers to a shared WAY OF LIFE or social heritage
- THE SCRIPT IN A PLAY
5 True/False questions
crimes against property → involves removing the old identity and then building a new self
artifacts. → Sociologists refer to physical human creations
Deviance and Gender: → 75% of property crimes and 84% of all violent crimes are
committed by males.
role strain → tension among roles connected to a SINGLE status
status → social position that a person holds