5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Davis-Moore thesis
- How do people experience society?
- a low-income country
- b 1876 worked in prisions and therorized that criminals stand out physically
- c the dominance of European cultural patterns.
- d social stratification is a universal pattern because it has beneficial consequences for the operation of a society.
- e Which question summarizes the focus of the symbolic-interaction approach?
5 Multiple choice questions
- uses large machinery powered by advanced sources of energy to produce material goods.
- -offer the chance to indulge in interests that adults may not share.
- The structure of the peer group has been shown to be an important factor in understanding peer abuse.
- The importance of peer groups typically peaks during adolescence.
- guide choices in dress and music.
- though both men and women are victims, women suffer more serious injuries.
- + self-image can keep boys from becoming delinquent
- supports social inequality between men and women and opposes patriarchy and sexism - seek to end violence against women and give women control over their sexuality and reproduction
5 True/False questions
Peasants and serfs became the Proletariat: → People labelled deviant:
Those who threaten private property
Those who cannot or will not work
People who resist authority
People who challenge the status quo (SC)
income → wages/salary from work & earnings from investments
juvenile delinquency → is the violation of legal standards by the young
marx → average
Involvement: → observed that some norm violations provoke reactions from others and have little effect on a person's self concept.