5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- role exit
- presentation of self
- social structure
- Social Structure
- The "self" is:
- a Goffman's term for individuals' efforts to create specific impressions in the minds of others
- b that part of an individual's personality composed of self-awareness and self-image
- c Member of all societies rely on ______ to make sense out of daily situations.
- d the process by which people DISENGAGE from important social roles
- e relatively stable patterns of social behaviour
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the violation of legal standards by the young
- investigates the intersection of race, class and gender which often results in multiple disadvantages
- the advocacy of social equality for men
and women, in opposition to patriarchy and sexism.
•Basic feminist ideas:
- The importance of change.
- Expanding human choice.
- Eliminating gender stratification.
- Ending sexual violence.
- Promoting sexual autonomy.
•Although feminists agree on the importance of gender
equality, they disagree on how to achieve it.
- Liberal feminism
- Socialist feminism
- Radical feminism
- LIKE A PART IN A PLAY
- Durkheim believe to be a key factor in explaining why some
categories of people had higher rates of suicide than others
5 True/False questions
resocialization process → involves removing the old identity and then building a new self
gender stratification → A system by which a society ranks categories of
people in a hierarchy.
The basic principles:
1. A trait of society, not just individual differences
2. Past from generation to generation
3. Throughout the world, only the amount and types
of inequality varies from place to place
4. Involves inequality and beliefs of fairness
Primary sex characteristics → are bodily differences, apart from the genitals, that distinguish biologically mature females and males.
(facial hair, boobs etc)
theory. → A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
variable → term for a concept that has a value that changes from case to case