5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Davis-Moore thesis
- max weber
- males have the highest suicide rates.
- a social stratification is a universal pattern because it has beneficial consequences for the operation of a society.
- b ppl who sell their productive labour for wages
- c Suicide rates for people in Canada show that:
- d the lifelong social experience by which individuals develop human potential and learn culture
- e identified 3 distinct dimensions of social stratification:
1. economic class 2. social status/prestige 3. power
= together these form a multidimensional hierarchy socioenomic status (SES)
5 Multiple choice questions
- School children learning about competition and cooperation while taking part in a spelling bee and playing sports
- the investigation of the interplay of race, class and gender, often resulting in multiple dimensions of disadvantage
- + self-image can keep boys from becoming delinquent
- Kinsey's publication of the first study of sexuality in the US.S in 1948
- The greater a person's commitment
to legitimate opportunities, the greater conformity.
5 True/False questions
Stratification and Conflict → vary from one culture to another.
Societal surplus: → increases the division of labour.
symbolic-interaction approach → is a framework for building theory that sees society as the product of the everyday interactions of individuals.
poor → A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
two major components of the structural-functional approach → - The paradigm, as it pursues political goals, cannot claim scientific objectivity.
-Like the structural-functionalist approach, the social-conflict approach paints society in broad strokes.
- It largely ignores how shared values and interdependence can unify members of a society.
- It views society in terms of generalizations.