5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Czar NIcholas
- Why do revolutions begin?
- Reign of Terror
- Estates General
- a A system in which society, usually in the form of the government, owns and controls the means of production.
- b the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed
- c begin if :
-people demand change
ex. french revolutions the 3rd estate paid all taxes and so they decided to revold against 1st and 2nd estate.
ex. alot of deficit spending by the government. this caused economy to crumble and 3rd estate had to fix it
- d abdicated his throne because russia was suffering and then he and his family were shot and killed
- e assembly of the estates of all France
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Russian founder of the Bolsheviks and leader of the Russian Revolution and first head of the USSR (1870-1924)
- Predicted if:
-there is finiancial crisis
ex russian revolution there were many wars so ecomony was in debt also Czar was a bad leader.
- Marxist thinker, skillful speaker, and stalin's rivil after death of Lenin
- -people change and so does socirty
-more freedoms and more rights.
ex. in french revolution liberty, equality and fraternity was achieved. nobles and kings gave up power.
- Nov. 1917 when Lenin and Bolshevik followers over threw provisional government and took over the Russian government
5 True/False Questions
Stalin → Russian leader who succeeded Lenin as head of the Communist Party and created a totalitarian state by purging all opposition (1879-1953)
Women's march → riot on price of bread
Bourgeoisie → educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution
Louis XVI → - King of France (1774-1792). In 1789 he summoned the Estates-General, but he did not grant the reforms that were demanded and revolution followed. Louis and his queen, Marie Antoinette, were executed in 1793.
Tennis court oath → vow by members of the 3rd estate not to disband until a constitution was written