← Psychology Midterm Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Latent content
- J. Kagan cognitive styles
- Industrial/Organizational Psychologist
- a a person's characteristic emotional reactivity and intensity. One aspect of a person's personality. Emotional reactivity- from being fidgety and intense to easygoing and placid.
- b the effect of one factor (such as environment) depends on another factor (such as heredity). "Gene and scene dance together" (pg. 73)
- c AKA "Business Psychology". Study people at work; job satisfaction, training and selection...etc.
- d 1-Analytic 2-Superordinate 3-Impulsive 4-Reflective
- e The meaning of a dream. (according to Freud)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the acquisition of a traditional masculine or feminine role.
- Person that focuses on how much our genes and our environment influence our individual differences.
- your biological clock (i.e. temperature and wakefulness)
- studies brain and behavior; often uses animals as research models. Influenced by an evolutionary perspective.
- A personality theorist, Austrian physician; pioneered psychoanalysis of patients.
5 True/False Questions
Gender roles → in psychology, the biologically, and socially influenced characteristics by which people define male and female.
Social learning theory → Perspective that focuses on how behavior and thinking vary across situations and cultures.
Suicide → Hospice is a special concept of care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families when a life-limiting illness no longer responds to cure-oriented treatments. The goal of hospice care is to improve the quality of a patient's last days by offering comfort and dignity.
Insomnia → Recurring problems in falling or staying asleep.
Primary sex characteristics → a physician who specializes in psychiatry (the study and treatment of mental disorders). They may prescribe psychiatric medication, conduct physical examinations, order and interpret laboratory tests