5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nevada del Ruiz
- hot spring
- a Composite Volcano, Columbia, Killed 23,000 people in a lahar
- b what is the color of the bands of ogives during summer months ?
- c spring that is 6-9 C (10-15 F) warmer than mean annual air temp
- d water within the zone of saturation
- e Greek god of the underworld. (Pro Tip: It's not Hades)
5 Multiple choice questions
- the father of glaciology
- streams that only carry water in response to rainfall
- a nearly vertical channel in the ice that is formed by flowing meltwater
- water is being squeezed (bubbling) to the surface, what does it create? (during liquefaction)
- When the magnetic charge of earth is reversed.
5 True/False questions
1755 → how many miles of land ruptures in the 2004 samatran earthquake.
Mt. Pelee → Composite , Martinique, Erupted in 1902, Killed 30,000 in the town of St. Pierre by Pyroclastic flow, one survived in jail cell
calving → where was the biggest tsunami ever located ? (1960 9+ magnitude and left 2,000 dead)
asthenosphere → faults in california are ___________ then faults in new england
interior drainage → (end moraine) at the absolute farthest point a glacier has reached