5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- firn (neve)
- a what is the color of the bands of ogives during winter months ?
- b Cinder Cone in Mexico, came up out of no where in Dionisio Paulido's corn field, lasted 10 year then stopped, buried town of Paricutan under lava
- c what volcanic rock do people use on their hands ?
- d snow that has survived one summer and has begun the process of transformation into ice (usually 25 years) is called
- e the fluid like movement of a glacier can be described as ___________
5 Multiple choice questions
- mounds/ridges of sand blown from the wind
- name of the ship that left germany and was robbed and is now responsible for legends off the coast of MAINE on story nights.
- dunes: isolated hills of sand, variable wind direction, up to 90 meters tall
- ramp shaped mountain made by rock that is carved by a glacier, steeper side represents the direction the glacier was moving (literally means "sheep back")
- process by which a glacier flows over a fractured bedrock surface it loosens and lifts blocks of rock and incorporates them into the ice (occurs when melt water penetrates cracks and joints)
5 True/False questions
Iki → how many times better do seismic waves travel through granite than other sediment
chatter marks → dunes: isolated hills of sand, variable wind direction, up to 90 meters tall
playa lake → a temporary lake that will last only a couple of days
longitudinal dunes → dunes: long ridges of sand that form parallel to the prevailing wind and where sand supplies are moderate
zone of saturation → area where the pore spaces are filled with water