5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- zone of wastage
- convergent boundary
- (arroyo, wash) (wadi) (donga) (nullah)
- ground moraine
- a all the till that is left behind from a glacier
- b A boundary in which two plates move together, causing one of the slabs of lithosphere to be consumed into the mantle as it descends beneath on an overriding plate.
- c names for ephemeral streams - streams that carry water only in response to rainfall
- d Shield volcano, Hawaii, Most active volcano on Earth
- e zone where there is a net. loss to the glacier when the snow from the previous winter melts as does some ice
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- during the last ice age the three ice sheets that covered north america were Cordilleran ,___________________, and Greenland
- Variations in the shape of Earth's orbit about the Sun is known as
- A mass of hotter-than-normal mantle material that ascends toward the surface, where it may lead to igneous activity. These plumes of solid yet mobile material may originate as deep as the core-mantle boundary.
- a deposit of sediment formed where a glacial stream entered into a proglacial lake
- The theory that proposes that Earth's out shell consists of individual plates that interact in various ways and thereby produce earthquakes, volcanoes, mountains, and the crust itself.
5 True/False Questions
pater noster → Composite Volcano in Cameron Africa, Erupted CO2 and suffocated 2,000 local villagers
9 → how many faults are in MASS
asthenosphere → A subdivision of the mantle situated below the lithosphere. This zone of weak material exists below a depth of 100 km and in some regions extends as deep as 700 km. The rock within this zone is easily deformed.
zone of saturation → zone where there is a net. loss to the glacier when the snow from the previous winter melts as does some ice
valley train → a relatively narrow body of stratified drift deposited on a valley floor by meltwater that are from a valley glacier