5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- seafloor spreading
- palatine lights
- outwash plain
- interior drainage
- a Composite cone, Japan, erupts 400 times a year
- b having a discontinuous pattern of intermittent streams that do not flow out of the desert to the ocean
- c the flat area at the end of a glacier where meltwater flows and deposits sediments (have a braided stream pattern)
- d legend that a flaming ghost ship appears on the horizon, and is searching for land.
- e The process of producing new sea floor between two diverging plates
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- glacial ice that covers some uplands and plateaus (like ice sheets but smaller less than 1 million Sq miles)
- percentage of total volume of rock or sediment that consists of voids or spaces
- San francisco earthquake of 1906, first tremor lasted 20 sec. and the main cause of damage was ...
- A subdivision of the mantle situated below the lithosphere. This zone of weak material exists below a depth of 100 km and in some regions extends as deep as 700 km. The rock within this zone is easily deformed.
- during the last ice age the three ice sheets that covered north america were the Cordilleran , Laurentide , and __________________
5 True/False Questions
calving → when a glacier reaches the ocean or any large body of water, large pieces of the glacier break off. this is known as ____________
plate → what was the magnitude of the cape ann earthquake?
nunatak → how did most (30 people) die in the alaskain earthquake of 1964, especially dangerous b/c they were on fire due to oil and traveled at 100 mph
30 meters → how high can a tsunami get
kettle pond → The temperature above which a material loses its magnetization.